The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Would you like to Critique my no overdub Recording?
Old 20th August 2007
Would you like to Critique my no overdub Recording?

My band just finished recording a 10 song demo.

Through the link you will find four of the ten songs that were recorded.

There is also a link in the blog section of the Demo/Recording Process which states what chains I used. If you have anymore questions regarding the process, just let me know and I'm sure I'll have an answer for you.

I posted before without much response and I'm thinking maybe it needed a title change or something.

The goal we have is to either keep these tracks and sell it for $5 as a demo. Or completely re-record everything to a metronome and fill it up with good production ideas and what not - and really focus on tightness and groove. This was basically a practice where we decided to record well.

As of right now, our keyboard player plays the bass synth along with the rhythm and lead lines on a Nord Electro and a Fender Rhodes. Then for the song where he plays violin, there is no bass or keys.

I think it all works out real well, Lemme know what YOU think!
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Maniac

i clicked on the link for mineo, cool stuff! not really my thing but its really fresh and organic. geez. organic... like people playing in a room & just killing it. the way it used to be. mad props!
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

lovely

I dont recommend selling it though. Free free free!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

No my style of music, but Mineo sounds good. Vocals remind me of Freddie Mercury, with a reggae flavor to it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search