The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD LA3
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

UAD LA3

oK-been working on a mix- used LA2 for final polish of acoustic guitar in mix after running through outboard compressors. Was a pretty broad warm compression with LA2-like thick broad honey. Likewise on DI bass-did not quite control.

Used LA3 UAD-must say in mix pretty impressed. Not as rich/warm/broad- as LA2-but tighter and brighter and sat better in mix.

Is now in the final print in LA3-not going back to LA2-anyone else think UAD card LA3 nice in mix for acoustic guitars/bass?

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Since I got the LA3A plug, it's my go to comp for bass, I used to use the LA2A for this purpose but as you mentioned the LA3A is tighter and is just right for bass most of the times. I think it's because it is slightly faster than the LA2A but not fast enough to squash and dull the transient like a 1176.
The Helios EQ+LA3A is a perfect combination IMO

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search