The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Protools LE/002r causes computer to restart spontaneously Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 19th August 2007
Here for the gear

Protools LE/002r causes computer to restart spontaneously

I don't know if anyone's ever encountered this before, but I figure it's worth asking. basically, I just got a great deal on a Digi 002r. tonight, it comes in the mail, and everything's fine about it. I install it following all directions in the manual and making the appropriate changes to Windows as to efficiently run Protools. basically, whenever I create a new session, or open another demo session, or change any of the setup options, my computer flat out restarts. no warning, no error, just restarts immediately as the bios bootup screen starts again.

has anyone run into this error before, and if so, does anyone know how one would go about fixing it?
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

can you post us some more info on the puter itself please? cheers
Old 19th August 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFool View Post
can you post us some more info on the puter itself please? cheers
sure. processor's a little old, but I've got her up to date otherwise.

Windows XP Professional SP2
Athlon XP 1800+
Mach Speed V2DP mobo
1.5 gigs of DDR400 ram
Geforce FX6800 256mb graphic card
250 gb + 60gb internal HDs

if I miss any crucial details that I should traditionally have included, remind me. I just woke up and I'm groggy.
also, the Digi 002 is running into a PCI firewire card instead of straight to the mobo because the mobo doesn't have firewire support, if that makes any difference.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by koobler View Post

Athlon XP 1800+
Mach Speed V2DP mobo
1.5 gigs of DDR400 ram

if I miss any crucial details that I should traditionally have included, remind me. I just woke up and I'm groggy.
also, the Digi 002 is running into a PCI firewire card instead of straight to the mobo because the mobo doesn't have firewire support, if that makes any difference.
I don't think the chipset on that mobo is compatible.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by koobler View Post

Athlon XP 1800+
Mach Speed V2DP mobo
1.5 gigs of DDR400 ram

it doesnt get it better ;-), cpu cant handle it, ram is ok 2 would be better, HD's should be atleast 7.200rpm to start, 1 dedicated adio drive and the other OS and soft. the external could give trouble like crashes and latency if its usb
my best suggestion is to build or upgrade your machine, even on the cheap you could do that with second hand parts, i started getting better results from the 2600 athlons all the way up, the dual cores are great ...

cheers
Old 20th August 2007
Here for the gear

thanks for the advice. I assumed much of it, but the backing reasoning does help.

also, could this possibly be a firewire problem? could the firewire PCI card I have installed not be compatable, or would that merit different results than those I previously stated?
Old 3rd January 2012
Here for the gear

I am having the same problem

But my computer seems to spec out fine... but I am not sure about my Mobo either The Main chip is VIA VT8237
All other specs seem good.. is my mother board not compatable either.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search