The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which of these two guitar tracks?
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Which of these two guitar tracks?

Which of these two guitar tracks will fit best in a metal mix? other instrumentation includes symphonic keyboards, metal drums, bass, and the screamy/harsh vocal style.

I have asked other people and its pretty 50/50 on who likes which one best. so now its time for the pro's to decide.

RiffA - Supload.com - Free Music Hosting, Free Audio Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Video Hosting, Free Movie Hosting
RiffB - Supload.com - Free Music Hosting, Free Audio Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Video Hosting, Free Movie Hosting
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Addict

I like the RiffA better personally, but you can't get a serious answer when you ask something like, what fits this mix better without actually putting it into the mix. Put it into the mix and post again.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

I agree with you on Riff A. I would but there is no mix to put it in, we are about to record and these two comparisons were between going direct in with a Roland MicroCube, and going direct in and using an amp modeler from within Cubase4. We have to decide which one we like better first before we can even begin tracking... thats the only problem.. so I am basically asking, which of these two sounds like it has the most versatility as far as tone goes, so that when it comes down to EQ, I will be able to help them fit by having chosen the one with the most versatile
Old 19th August 2007
Gear Addict

I would use the guitar that goes direct using the amp mod., that way you have the opportunity to reamp the guitar back to a great amp (if available) and mic it up accordingly. Just my $.02
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Riff A could take a lot of further eq and be shaped into something similar to Riff B if necessary. Riff B is fairly eq'd and there is less room to shape it afterwards.

If it was really a choice between the two, I would go with Riff A.

But I agree with the suggestion of tracking a clean, dry track for reamping later on. Even if you end up using an amp sim - there are some great free ones if you need extra colors.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks everyone, very helpful, going DI.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search