The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beware Apogee X-HD V2.0 Update ! Digital Converters
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Beware Apogee X-HD V2.0 Update !

Hi Guys

This is a copy of an email sent to Apogee Support
Have you got any ideas where I've gone wrong ?

Hi Ja (Apogee)

I hope this can be sorted out, but I cannot get the new Apogee X-HD Firmware 2.0 to work in advanced mode using my DA16X. It does however run in standard mode.

My Rig is Mac G5 Dual 2Gig running PT 7.3.1cs2 with Digi Accel 3

I have one DA16X (V2.07) feeding my Folcrom summing bus on my core card

And one Lynx Aurora 16 with HD card on my first Accel card with various I/O and inserts (which shows up later as 2 Digi 192s in the I/O settings)

I had no problem installing the firmware to the card (once I had got around the Digidesign Midi I/O problem - see previous email)

I have done the whole process twice to see if I'd made any mistakes and on the second attempt took some screen grabs to help you sort the problem out (if possible)

The first thing I noticed was the software appears to be V 1.89 when loading onto the machine via the Apogee Updater even though it comes in a folder named V2.0 - see image below named Apogee Updater

I followed the instructions to the letter including re-setting the DA16X (V2.07) after uploading

I checked the Hardware Setting in PT and the new software does indeed show the DA16X as a Digi 192 Digital as shown below - see Hardware Setup image

I had every set to the default setting

Next I checked the I/O Setup for both my inputs and outputs - see images for I/O in and out

I have tried deleting and creating new pathways BUT in ADVANCED MODE there is no output to the DA16X

At present I am not using the AES ins which are available on the DA16X but I would soon like to

Also many users I'm sure are using Advanced Mode

What have I done wrong ?

Or is this a bug in the software ?

I hope you can work it out.

Regards

Lee Thompson
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search