The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
sony mpx2000
Old 18th August 2007
Gear Maniac

sony mpx2000

i have a sony mpx2000 in my studio, and fortunately it had already had those weird channel adaptors configured for mic/line in and direct outs.
i love the desk dearly, it's like a poor man's neve. but i'm having trouble getting hold of a manual so i can set up some insert points on the channels, as well as a few more points like 2track return on the master section.
i did a seach here, and the only thing that came up was a stern warning to make sure i got the manual! so if anyone could help me out i'd be most grateful.
Old 18th August 2007
Lives for gear

Aren't these basically MCI desks with a Sony logo ?
Old 18th August 2007
I've got a MXP2900 manual for ya (pdf format)....basicly the same desk, some minor diferences....pinouts are the same.

Where to?
Old 19th August 2007
Gear Maniac

that is fantastic news. my email - [email protected]. thanks a million.

yes, i believe the desks are indeed mci related. i only really have any experience with either neve or mackie and very little in between. but i absolutely love this desk. riddled with transformers, and i think sounding even better for stem mixing than my neve 8816!
i've got the 16 channel, 4 compressor version, all i need now is another one. if only it was inline!
many thanks again
Old 19th August 2007
Send....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search