The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avalon AD2022
Old 5th November 2002
Gear Head

Avalon AD2022

Good or bad, bad or good??
Feedback pls...
Attached Thumbnails
Avalon AD2022-ad2022f.jpg  
Old 5th November 2002
Lives for gear

Good and bad, but definately not ugly....

Depends on what you are looking for. You will hear things like"no character", etc. And that is somewhat true in relation to other pres. But if you are getting your "character" from the source, or other places in the chain it can be very nice.

Very flexible. DIs, input/output, variable imp. options. Probably depends on what else you have (mics & pres esp), and what you like to record and hear.

For example, if you have Neves, APIs, etc. and DON"T have something like a GR or maybe Pheonix Audio that can/will provide some "character" but can do the "transparent" thing this might be a good choice IMHO. Many others do not agree re: price/sound options.

Again, depending on what you like to hear would probably not recommend it as your on pre.

In the words to describe sound dept - " A bit more forward sounding than some other pres that can do "transparent". Wasn't that helpful?

What else do you have? How would this fit into your available choices? Can you audition one? Only thing to do at this price level....
Old 6th November 2002
member no 666

I think they rule... then again, I think a lot of things rule...
Old 8th November 2002
Lives for gear

They sound big. Everything recorded thru those get's sized XL. Sometimes it's a sound that's almost too big though. (i.e.: in the context of a mix you might sometimes wish for more focus on one frequency range.) They don't sound coloured but they don't sound boring either. From the little time I've spent with Millenia's I can say that I much prefer the sound of the Avalon 2022 and the M5 (it's predecessor).
Old 8th November 2002
Gear Maniac

I will test it befor I(combined).
Old 8th November 2002
Lives for gear

Oooooh

so SHINY! rollz

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search