The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Mouse etc Design for note input in Cubase SX etc? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 9th April 2004
Gear Maniac

Best Mouse etc Design for note input in Cubase SX etc?

I posted this in the computer section but since so many people don't even know it exists I thought I'd post here as well. Please help me out...

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new input device for my daw. I draw a lot of notes, control changes etc in Cubase SX and I'd like to know opinions on the best input device? I'm looking at things like a kensington or other brand trackball, gyration gyro mouse, wacom pen tablet etc. But I'd like to know if there are any other suggestions out there and also which input devices users would recommend and why. Just for info I use a contour shuttle pro 2 on the left to help with controlling input.

Regards,

S
Old 9th April 2004
Lives for gear

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...asp?dpno=77991

That's my fav mouse. There's the pro version that has 6 user definable buttons on it..

I've never done anything with a tablet, but imagine it would work great. Maybe someone on here has...
Old 9th April 2004
Gear Maniac

thanks...how is this one different from the kensington expert mouse? and anyone got a chance to play with the gyration ultra gt mouse?
Old 9th April 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Sho Geist
thanks...how is this one different from the kensington expert mouse?

six DirectLaunch buttons, & a scroll wheel.
Old 9th April 2004
Gear Maniac

so just curious i've never used a trackball...how is it better than a mouse?

thanks for the help...
Old 9th April 2004
Lives for gear

You don't have to move it around...you roll the ball instead and that moves the cursor. It's a lot faster and more comfortable than a mouse by far...
Old 9th April 2004
Gear Maniac

right on...have you seen the gyration mouse? this thing looks dope and is what i'm most looking at right now...
Old 9th April 2004
Lives for gear

That Gyration mouse looked so cool that I have just placed an order for one. It should be here in an hour. I will let you know how it works. It's a bit too expensive in Korea. About $200.00 USD.
Old 9th April 2004
Gear Maniac

damn that's a high price, but definitely let me know how it checks out! I'm very interested in it!
Old 9th April 2004
Lives for gear

That thing's insane. Lazyness has hit an all time high...

I still like the Kenningston ball...
Old 10th April 2004
More cowbell!

I can confirm that the Gyro mouse's are excellent, and may surprize you as to their utility. They also help relieve pains you may develop in wrist and arm.

Best,

KT
Old 10th April 2004
Gear Maniac

sweet...i think that's the weapon of choice!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search