The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
i am looking for copies of the mixerman diaries Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 21st August 2007
  #31
I'd be interested in the pdf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79
At least give us a pdf Mr. Mixerman. I seriously have clients that I feel need to read your book.
yeah, great idea, conveniently put it on the coffee table... hihi
Old 21st August 2007
  #32
Lives for gear
 
RKrizman's Avatar
 

I too am seeking publishing advice for my collection of pancake art.

SPIDER PIG
Attached Thumbnails
i am looking for copies of the mixerman diaries-spiderpig3.jpg  
Old 22nd August 2007
  #33
Gear Addict
 
confooshus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic_disaster View Post
not necessarily true. he has recorded his voice so anyone who has met him knows exactly who he is. it is a rather distinctive voice if you recall.

however liebel is liebel. its one thing to insult someone for joking around sake, but slandering someone untruthfully is in fact illegal in the U.S. and many have been successfully litigated against this - even online. bloggers, tabloids, you name it.

if you're going to drag someone through the mud you should be pretty much stick to facts ....otherwise you could be hearing from a lawyer.

moral of the story is if you want to slander do it with someone across the pond..heh
I don't think the term "Mixercrook" qualifies as libel. What if he had said "@ss face"? Could he be sued because his face is ,in fact, not an @ss?

Last edited by confooshus; 22nd August 2007 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 22nd August 2007
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Mixerman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Aren't there custom paperback services that simply MAKE a book each time one is ordered?

I looked it up - "Print on demand" it's called.

That might be a good temporary / short term solution?
Yes, this is also a solution, but the POD products can be fairly low quality. Still, I'd consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATYF View Post
Just in case MM comes back to check this... what ever happened with the story and the continuation and all that?

I read the original story when you first started posting it on PSW, but then there was a huge delay and then I heard that you were "found out" and they made you stop writing it, then I heard that the producer told you to market the book and continue writing the stories and then I heard that you were going to start up again with a slightly different angle or something.

Anyway, my question is.... is the "Week 1 - Week 6" thing on your website the full story? Is the book the full story? Or is there more you have to hunt down to get all of the details? Basically, I'm looking for the source you can go to to find out all of the details from start to finish.
I couldn't write them any longer.

There are 10 weeks, or 50 days of entries in the book. There is a forward by Philip Stevenson and a closing chapter. The 6 weeks on line amount to about 60% of the book. Frankly, the best part of the book comes from that point forward. (Yes, I realize this is an argument to start printing more product.)

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Old 22nd August 2007
  #35
One with big hooves
 
Jay Kahrs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzface777 View Post
Dude what is your problem? I saw your site, nice.... you seem to be a fairly accomplished AE, but do you know who mixerman is? or heard his work?
If you did you might not be talking trash about him......
Hey man, do YOU know who he is?!?

As a matter of fact we have some mutual friends, like the company that handles our website & design chores. I also have his cell phone number kicking around here too...

If you remember the on-line diary, there was a record he P/E/M from front to back in 10-days that wasn't mentioned in the book... I just so happened to run FOH for their New Years Eve show that year at my old club in NJ & have been using a record he mixed as a reference for YEARS... way, WAY before he ever became an on-line icon...

So yeah, we could say that I know Mixerman's secret identity.










Geez...is this place ever insane.




I didn't think "Mixercrook" was all that different then a guitarist blowing a take & saying... "Ok sausage fingers, here we go!"






Humor died here.
Old 22nd August 2007
  #36
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by confooshus View Post
I don't think the term "Mixercrook" qualifies as libel. What if he had said "@ss face"? Could he be sued because his face is ,in fact, not an @ss?
i disagree. the former is a very classic example, the latter is certainly not true and would indeed be a legitimate claim. i am not an attorney but i have seen more than i wish i have.

people who say such things (or in the case of libel, write them) are in a postiion of burden to prove that it is true, akin to being guilty before proven innocent, at least in the US.

Whether malice can be proven to collect punitive damages is another test, but if someone wanted they could legitimately make life very unhappy for someone on these types of statements.

Normally this is a form of bitch slap for rich people, but I come from a city where there are just a few lawyers here and there (ummm...)....suing everything and anything. you never know whose wife, sister, mother, father, neighbor is a lawyer and will take up the cause. they do ALL the time over here.

I personally know an attorney that has done nothing but sue former colleagues, friends, employers this for several years making a hefty personal income. During the discovery process, everyone and anyone who ever said anything bad about this dude was sued for slander or libel. I think he made nearly grossed seven figures after 3 years. If you need to count the zeroes i'll wait...

so careful what you say.

now who wants to throw down beootch!!! i need the money
Old 22nd August 2007
  #37
One with big hooves
 
Jay Kahrs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic_disaster View Post

Normally this is a form of bitch slap for rich people, but I come from a city where there are just a few lawyers here and there (ummm...)....
ha ha ha ha ha ha

HA ha HAHAHAHAHA



You said "bitch slap"




BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!





Oh MAN!







This keeps getting funnier & funnier...




HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited by Jay Kahrs; 22nd August 2007 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: had to get rid of stupid smily guys! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 22nd August 2007
  #38
Lives for gear
 
RKrizman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixerman View Post
There are 10 weeks, or 50 days of entries in the book. There is a forward by Philip Stevenson and a closing chapter. The 6 weeks on line amount to about 60% of the book. Frankly, the best part of the book comes from that point forward.
I think it reads better as a blog than a book. If I were you, I'd syndicate it out again a day at a time, like you first did. Appparently you finished it, so there's some extra value. Use it to draw publicity to the thing you really want to sell (I don't know what that is). Use it to start an online record company flogging the artists that you produce, fer instance. Use it to create equity, then leverage it.

I might even link in to advertise my pancake art collection.

-R
Attached Thumbnails
i am looking for copies of the mixerman diaries-spongebob.jpg  
Old 22nd August 2007
  #39
One with big hooves
 
Jay Kahrs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKrizman View Post
Use it to create equity, then leverage it.

I might even link in to advertise my pancake art collection.

-R
Folks,

Here is a TRUE artist!

Love the pancake art!!!
Old 22nd August 2007
  #40
Gear Maniac
 
contempo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixerman View Post
I realize you don't particularly like me Jay, and I'm fine with that. But making false implications that could negatively affect my business are not fair game. The fact is, we've never done any direct business together, other than perhaps you purchasing my book, and my having it shipped to you. So, implying that I'm a "crook" is way out of line.
i thought you were an audio engineer?

how could one guy talking about your book or whatever negatively affect your business?

have you retired from record production to concentrate on writing and movie deals?

Last edited by contempo; 22nd August 2007 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: added
Old 22nd August 2007
  #41
Tape Op
 
Larry Crane's Avatar
 

Stop it with the pancake art! I'm getting hungry.
Old 22nd August 2007
  #42
Lives for gear
 
ddageek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Crane View Post
Stop it with the pancake art! I'm getting hungry.
Yeah I prefe waffle art! No I prefer Drew Barrymore in 50 first dates no I can't remember!

I say Paper back So I can carry it around and get a good laugh anyware! At the content , not the aurhor!
Old 21st February 2008
  #43
Gear Maniac
 
Amstel's Avatar
 

mixerman diaries

Hi,

I know it's an old thread, but is it possible to order the book or a pdf yet?

Best regards,

Amstel
Old 21st February 2008
  #44
Lives for gear
 
Mixerman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
Hi,

I know it's an old thread, but is it possible to order the book or a pdf yet?

Best regards,

Amstel
I'm in the process of printing another run. I'll let everyone know when they're available.

Enjoy,

Mixerman
Old 21st February 2008
  #45
Gear Addict
 
AudioFocus's Avatar
 

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. I've been waiting a while for this. Thanks mixie.
Old 21st February 2008
  #46
Lives for gear
 
evangelista's Avatar
 

i have an original edition hardcover in great condition. Maybe I'll put it up on ebay and pay for law school.
Old 21st February 2008
  #47
Lives for gear
 

Nice! Thanks MM!
Old 14th May 2008
  #48
Gear Addict
 

...I'm just bumping this one up...When is the secound run due to arrive, because I've been wanting this book for a while now...?????
Old 14th May 2008
  #49
Lives for gear
 
stafs's Avatar
 

Yes, i'd like to have a copy of this book in my studio. "Mixerman diaries" should be included in educational package of SAE.
Old 1st July 2008
  #50
Gear Maniac
 
Amstel's Avatar
 

SAE?!?
Old 2nd July 2008
  #51
Here for the gear
 

I think he meant SAE for School of Audio Engineering...
Old 2nd July 2008
  #52
Gear Maniac
 
Mathijs's Avatar
 

copy copy copy!!!!
Old 2nd July 2008
  #53
Gear Head
 

will there be a pdf version too? i live in the uk and don't really want to have to pay for the expensive shipping. it's really good from the stuff i read on your website.
Old 20th July 2008
  #54
Here for the gear
 

AAAAAA!!!! Need the book! Please, Mixerman, make another run or release a pdf to purchase... =(

We need the ending!! :D

BTW did you see the price tag on mixerman's book on amazon and on ebay?

Amazon.com: The Daily Adventures of Mixerman: Anonymous: Books

Hooo-weee!!!
Old 20th July 2008
  #55
Lives for gear
 
Mike Brown's Avatar
 

Thank you Mixerman please let us know when its available!
Old 21st July 2008
  #56
Lives for gear
 
Barish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone 6 days now View Post
will there be a pdf version too? i live in the uk and don't really want to have to pay for the expensive shipping. it's really good from the stuff i read on your website.
At some point Mixie and I had discussed the possibility of me distributing the diaries in the UK and possibly EU but it was just not working out feasible, unless the book was printed over here, or printed in China in hundred thousands and then shipped over here in literal sense: Maritime Forwarding. That was a good few years ago. The first print was a top notch hardcover book printed on a damn weighty paper I tell you, heavy bugger. It was working out pretty costly to send them in small bulks or individually.

I have two copies in hand but they are not going anywhere. I think of it as one of the classics in this profession, which it actually is now anyway, isn't it?

M.
Old 21st July 2008
  #57
Gear Nut
 
boothboy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic_disaster View Post
not necessarily true. he has recorded his voice so anyone who has met him knows exactly who he is. it is a rather distinctive voice if you recall.

however liebel is liebel. its one thing to insult someone for joking around sake, but slandering someone untruthfully is in fact illegal in the U.S. and many have been successfully litigated against this - even online. bloggers, tabloids, you name it.

if you're going to drag someone through the mud you should be pretty much stick to facts ....otherwise you could be hearing from a lawyer.

moral of the story is if you want to slander do it with someone across the pond..heh
I AGREE People seem to hate what they envy perhaps envy or professional jealousy enters into the equation, There is no need to insult and or slander !! I have an idea who it is and also respect his need for remaining a mystery, and his credentials speak for themselves.. now where is that soar knob? ahh right next to zoom!!! Go mixerman
Old 21st July 2008
  #58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKrizman View Post
I too am seeking publishing advice for my collection of pancake art.

SPIDER PIG
NICE!!

when's the opening?......and are you serving pancakes?.....heh ..

oops, just saw the date.

.
Old 21st July 2008
  #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Kahrs View Post
I didn't think "Mixercrook" was all that different then a guitarist blowing a take & saying... "Ok sausage fingers, here we go!"

Humor died here.

i totally just took it in stride - like more silly goofy slippy-esque AE lingo...

i actually thought it was cute and funny...

.
Old 21st July 2008
  #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelista View Post
i have an original edition hardcover in great condition. Maybe I'll put it up on ebay and pay for law school.
lol

.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
absrec / So much gear, so little time
3
Curve Dominant / So much gear, so little time
0
Jules / Gear free zone - shoot the breeze
3
joeq / So much gear, so little time
10
Neve Sucks! / So much gear, so little time
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump