The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Posting "Whatever" under the hiphop forum
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Posting "Whatever" under the hiphop forum

just curious to know why many threads that do not relate strictly to the hiphop get posted there...

are the answer going to be different than in the other sections?

its bookmarked that way?

some for example...

Logic pro users..Need urgent help with bounce

Midi Difficulties please help!

Sub Placement

BOOSTING THE SIGNAL FROM MY KEYBOARDS TO MY DAW

Business Structures

What u use to sell music on the internet?

i guess this thread shouda been posted there , oh well..
Old 17th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post
just curious to know why many threads that do not relate strictly to the hiphop get posted there...

are the answer going to be different than in the other sections?

its bookmarked that way?

some for example...

Logic pro users..Need urgent help with bounce

Midi Difficulties please help!

Sub Placement

BOOSTING THE SIGNAL FROM MY KEYBOARDS TO MY DAW

Business Structures

i guess this thread shouda been posted there , oh well..
Isn't it called the "Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production" forum?

All those threads seem like legitimate questions for a newb looking for advice from people. Alot of people are not familiar with performing a search. Perhaps the OPs' wanted a perspective from those working in the genre, or only feel comforatable asking people who work in hiphop.

I guess this thread is gonna be bumped to it's proper place... https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zone/
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

oh , dont get me wrong. im not bitching about it. im just curious. its the "why".. not the "dont do it"

i just see post like this

Fest and Lil Jon in the Studio

dual vocal effect

After 11 years of beatmaking, I finally got an MPC (60II)....

Tips: Programming Hats

fat sub bass sound - how do they do it

fall under hiphop prod and engineering... and are cool to read and i have learnt a lot from them.

the others i listed above seemed more of a general thing and not related to hiphop.
i still follow them and respond ... noting wrong with em. just curious. i hit "new posts" and all of the topics come up.

maybe "whatever" was kinda harsh...
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers View Post

It's probably because the colloquial/Blackberry-ready/Prince-ly "u" was used instead of the "you" as spelled in standard written English.

According to Butch Walker, rap's going through its "glam-rock" period...when every artist's name ends with three "Z's." Like "Bonz-z-z..."

(His words not mine).

Anyway, kids read the magazines and the album lyrics and it occurs to them that there's an art to incorrect spelling. And, as Andy Warhol said, "art is what the artist SAYS it is." Although I doubt his tone of voice would justify using caps-lock on ANYTHING he said...

For the record, I'm not "knocking" the use of the Princely "u," I just don't identify with it.

Oh, well. I guess "u" can't always get what "u" want...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search