The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
the new "the weakerthans" record is coming out soon...
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

the new "the weakerthans" record is coming out soon...

and i am really looking forward to it.......here is some cool studio footage of them recording the album, i think "night windows" sounds fantastic, especially the drums sound incredible.......has anyone around here worked with them on a record?

MySpace.com - Prairie Recording Co. - Winnipeg, CA - Other - www.myspace.com/prairierecordingco

MySpace.com - The Weakerthans - The Peg, CA - Folk Rock - www.myspace.com/theweakerthans

cheers

alex
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

bump.......nobody ???
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I haven't worked with them personally but I know the guy at Prairie Recording Co. They have a nice setup. He's a drummer and pretty picky with drum tones. Apparently they track drums in a big shop where his Dad's business (Bid Deal Cases) is. If I run into him I'll ask him if he is interested in posting some stuff here.

Paul
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

great.....thanks a lot, the new weakerthans songs sound amazing......awesome drum sound...
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

I haven't worked with them, but I liked the fact that they were on Greg Graffin's last solo album. I've always enjoyed their music, and it was cool to see them collaborate with one of the songwriters from my favorite band. I believe most of that album was cut live with all the musicians in the same room, and most of the tracks on the album are the second or third takes of the members jamming it out, so you know the drummer's good if he has to keep up with Graffin's sloppy guitar playing.

I'll probably pick up the new album when it comes out. thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search