The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
F%*UCKING GEARBOX Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 16th August 2007
Here for the gear

F%*UCKING GEARBOX

ok...*panting*...oooook....*tries to not punch something*...I need ...I need...I NEED TO CREATE!!! TO BRING MY IDEAS ALIVE...but can I?..yes...am I??? NO!

why?

I can't find the right setting on gearbox to record...I can't hear my vocals on my headphones...and when I do its because I turn up the threshold etc and then I can hear myself AND the DEAD AIR...I can't seem to win...

maybe cubase sucks?
maybe I shouldn't have attached a toneport KB37 Line 6 to my PC computer while using cubase?

HOW CAN I RECORD QUALITY SONGS AT HOME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SOOO INCREDIBLY frustrated

I have so much drive

so many idea's...

but I'm not producing the results fast enough

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rrrrrrrr
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee View Post

Why is this a must?!?!?

Get a damn cassette 4-track. Record some stuff. Create!

Then, go to a studio and hire an engineer to take care of all that boring crap for you.

Artists should be artists, not gearslutz.

Unlike many GSer's, I am not frustrated by lack of booking due to the increase in home recording. I'm frustrated by hearing from frustrated artists all the time. Non technical people barraging me with technical question they should have no interest in!

You're an artist? Create, don't record. Engineers are supposed to help make a 'record' of your creativity (and perhaps enhance that document with some with their own, if appropriate).

So that's my final answer. Cassette 4 track. Try Ebay. The Tascam 688 is quite nice if you absolutely need more tracks.
Old 16th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mee View Post
ok...*panting*...oooook....*tries to not punch something*...I need ...I need...I NEED TO CREATE!!! TO BRING MY IDEAS ALIVE...but can I?..yes...am I??? NO!

why?

I can't find the right setting on gearbox to record...I can't hear my vocals on my headphones...and when I do its because I turn up the threshold etc and then I can hear myself AND the DEAD AIR...I can't seem to win...

maybe cubase sucks?
maybe I shouldn't have attached a toneport KB37 Line 6 to my PC computer while using cubase?

SOOO INCREDIBLY frustrated

I have so much drive

so many idea's...

but I'm not producing the results fast enough

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rrrrrrrr

Dude. You have to realize that rome wasn't built in a day. Things take TIME.

Maybe computer recording isn't your thing...i do it...but i can't stand it.

The Tascam is great...but so are these:

Yamaha MD-8 Classic DIGITAL Eight 8 Track recorder PRO - (item 280142011833 end time Aug-19-07 21:41:18 PDT)

These are digital...so it's faster to move around...and more reliable.

From what i remember the Yamaha sounded good...worked fine...plug your headphones in and go. This unit won't be nearly as much of a pain in the ass to use...you can focus on getting ideas down and making music. Go figure?
Once tracks start building up...bounce them down...but make sure they sound good first.

I can't believe how cheap these are going for, i remember when they were $1400.

Good luck!

D.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search