The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What gear was used..??
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

What gear was used..??

Hey, could anyone please direct me to a good website where info can be found on what gear has been used on certain records...
I see that you guys sometimes refer to this, but I don´t remember what the site (or sites) was called.

Thanx!
...have a good one.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

This one? http://www.GetThatSound.com thumbsup
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

no... I´m not sure. But thanks, I´ll check it out. I think maybe there´s a "mix" something in the name of the site I´ve heard about? not sure. Some guys around here seem to be able to find the entire signal chain of every intsrument used on some recordings.
Old 5th February 2008
Here for the gear

Does anyone know what the deal is with www.Getthatsound.com? I've been trying it for the last few weeks and always get "the page cannot be found".

Alternatively does anyone know of a similar site that details gear that was used on popular recordings? I'm trying to put together a high end vocal chain and as I live in whoop whoop I can't demo any decent gear so I'm trying to narrow down options for a mic pre and a microphone.
Old 5th February 2008
Lives for gear

The only way to know is from an interview, or to know someone that worked on a project that you're interested in. But there'll never be a book or website that could accurately list what gear was used on what.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search