The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
We need to be kind to each other
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

We need to be kind to each other

I have been around here for quite a while now. During this time I have, through my contributions, made some people glad and some people have become upset/angry/dissapointed/mad. I apologize for that, my ego is sometimes a bit strong, I'm aware of that and I'm ready to grow.

This board is great, but it can improve and it will become awesome! If you are a new user here, please feel welcome to register and start contributing with related things you feel is important or interesting to ask or discuss. Never feel like you are not good enough or that you ask stupid questions, we want you here!

I hope many users here will find good friends in real life. If you feel like you don't have a friend or enough good friendships, please PM me and we can be friends.

Some threads easily turn into unnecessary fights here. Sometimes we need to stop for a while and think about how we treat each other. Music and gear is great and important, but we should most of all care about how we treat each other so that we feel that it's fun to be here and that Gearslutz is a fantastic place full of great people, a place where it's fun to be.

When it comes to knowledge about music and gear, we should not focus on the value of knowledge when turned into money, we should think about the fun and inspirational factor the person has for receiving valuable insight and knowledge from us. We should find valueable knowledge in books and in real life and spread that knowledge freely on this board, so that everybody feel they make progress and learn things they have dreamed about to achieve. Contributing here should come from the heart, we don't need any particular reasons to send a post that comes straight from the heart to help someone.

We need to be kind to each other!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Wurd!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowStorm View Post
I have been around here for quite a while now. During this time I have, through my contributions, made some people glad and some people have become upset/angry/dissapointed/mad. I apologize for that, my ego is sometimes a bit strong, I'm aware of that and I'm ready to grow.

This board is great, but it can improve and it will become awesome! If you are a new user here, please feel welcome to register and start contributing with related things you feel is important or interesting to ask or discuss. Never feel like you are not good enough or that you ask stupid questions, we want you here!

I hope many users here will find good friends in real life. If you feel like you don't have a friend or enough good friendships, please PM me and we can be friends.

Some threads easily turn into unnecessary fights here. Sometimes we need to stop for a while and think about how we treat each other. Music and gear is great and important, but we should most of all care about how we treat each other so that we feel that it's fun to be here and that Gearslutz is a fantastic place full of great people, a place where it's fun to be.

When it comes to knowledge about music and gear, we should not focus on the value of knowledge when turned into money, we should think about the fun and inspirational factor the person has for receiving valuable insight and knowledge from us. We should find valueable knowledge in books and in real life and spread that knowledge freely on this board, so that everybody feel they make progress and learn things they have dreamed about to achieve. Contributing here should come from the heart, we don't need any particular reasons to send a post that comes straight from the heart to help someone.

We need to be kind to each other!
ehh E arguements are good for the humors

Yellow Bile
Black Bile
Phlegm
Blood
hehhehhehhehheh
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Sounds really far out man!

veggetable rights and peace!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman View Post
Sounds really far out man!

veggetable rights and peace!
vegetables have rights, MAN...you can't like OWN a vegetable, MAN...
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthe View Post
you don't have to get all uncool and heavy!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm just SO SICK of seeing the rights of vegetables get 'squashed'.
Old 15th August 2007
Quote:

it's only university challenge...
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil View Post

look at you swotting over teacher just like a total spazmo! I bet you've done loads of work.. and look at me, I haven't done anything! go ahead test me!
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Pic didn't come through...
Old 15th August 2007
Quote:
Pic didn't come through...

Yeah, this complete stranger came up to me, right, and called me smelly! This complete stranger shouted "smelly!" at me! I wouldn't have minded if he was a hundred _yards_ away...
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Yeah, this complete stranger came up to me, right, and called me smelly! This complete stranger shouted "smelly!" at me! I wouldn't have minded if he was a hundred _yards_ away...
ah, what a great show. never gets old.
Old 15th August 2007
Lives for gear

are you part of the rainbow family?
I played in a couple of their circles
a while back, peace-full people
allot of the kids on here are just getting their pubes
Its all good, no worries
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'm a level 5 vegan...I pocket mulch.

Ok, back to reality; to the OP: nice post. It does come off a little like you just came out of a "how can I make myself a better man" session, but I dig the vibe.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by meckanik View Post
I'm a level 5 vegan...I pocket mulch.
...I'm sorry...what was that? I was lost in your golden locks!!
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I knew a guy who lost his job for messing with photos
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

Good post mate. I, for one would like to be your friend.

...but the thing is.

IM RIGHT, EVERYTHING I SAY IS GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone who disagrees is just plain WRONG.

and i will mud wrestle any dissenter's to the death, or at least till your mum drags me off by my hair.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

+1 on being kind to each other!!
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRB View Post
Good post mate. I, for one would like to be your friend.

...but the thing is.

IM RIGHT, EVERYTHING I SAY IS GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone who disagrees is just plain WRONG.

and i will mud wrestle any dissenter's to the death, or at least till your mum drags me off by my hair.
Oh wow man, you're like totally harshing my mellow!
Old 16th August 2007
Gear Guru

Good Post my Friend, It seems like every thread i view GS are slashing each other throats about anything etc.....Its great to have opinion but there is no need for an all out verbal fight and name calling, very non adult...
I realize that a lot of this is not gonna stop but think before you speak harsh words, and that goes for zaza.

So im with ya dudeeeeeeee...... if people bother you.....use the ignore button, mine has been used a lot.

GS is a powerful place and we want others to come, learn and share....Lets clean it up .......
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRobb View Post
Oh wow man, you're like totally harshing my mellow!
I think you have already pr oven your self
Old 17th August 2007
Lives for gear

lol hilarious!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search