The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AES NY Oct 5-8 2007, who is going? Studio Monitors
Old 22nd August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiaman View Post
Though, the Hudson Hotel bar has some nice looking ladies in the weekend, as it turns into a dance club. But its also way north, near columbus circle.
Yes, sir... that's were I go when in NYC. heh
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Nut

I go every time they are in NY , I live in NJ so its easy in and out for me

I go for the following

1) free Stuff mags etc

2) Talk to A few of the companies Reps I actually know and I are still there

3) Check out some new gear ( though can you really hear anything on that noisy floor?) The New Stuff looks cool however

4) enter contests i never win

5) the Incredibly strong bags you get at the show ( why doesnt Home depot have these)

6) Drool over the beautiful 6ft tall imported Eyecandy who showcase around the booth with absolutely no knowledge of gear or who they work for
( True story i once came up to a lovely tall lady at the refreshment stand line who worked at the show and asked her where the digidesign booth was. She told me in her sexy european voice.... Digidesign????? Funny I figured the tag around her neck saying DIGIDESiGN ,meant she worked there!!!!!! Maybe she found it and liked the colors on it.

7) Ease of getting in and out Car to the NY ferry two blocks in NICEEEEEEEEE

8) I will probably never attend it on the west coast

9) The Free Admission, its nice to know a few friends in the Music Business

10)Its only once every two years and its in October what else would I be doing Football is on sunday and i go on Friday only
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Yes, sir... that's were I go when in NYC. heh
Yeah, that place was cool...
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Nut

I will certainly be there..... Saturday
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Just booked it. This will be my first time attending.

Where is the Southern contingent gathering for dinner?
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

I'll be there... Any chance on another GS treasure hunt, Jules?
Old 23rd August 2007
no ssl yet
Since I seem to run around NY alot these days, I'll be there.
Old 23rd August 2007
been waiting and waiting and it is finally around the corner. I'll see u all there.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

No, dude, I won't be there.

Instead, I'm going on vacation.
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Nut

i'll be there.

i'll be the young one with his jaw on the ground.
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
No, dude, I won't be there.

Instead, I'm going on vacation.

This is a vacation is it not?

BTW you all, I want to get a picture of any gearslutz I meet so please find me. I will be the guy walking around in a GIK shirt and most of the time hanging with War from Front End Audio. Either that I will be over at the Real traps booth stealing customers.

Glenn
Old 22nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

ill be there sunday and monday. have to go to a wedding on the 6th...

!! !
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

As mentioned earlier in the thread, we're gonna have the top of the line S7A Mk2 mains in the booth, along with our big ol' Sub2100.

Bring yer favorite reference disc....

dB
ADAM Audio USA
Old 22nd September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
As mentioned earlier in the thread, we're gonna have the top of the line S7A Mk2 mains in the booth, along with our big ol' Sub2100.

Bring yer favorite reference disc....

dB
ADAM Audio USA

21"???? That's pansy talk......I just recently watched that mythbusters where they built that diesel powered 50" woofer that pumped out a whopping 161 dB at 16 Hz. hahaha. Now, I don't think that mercedes "power amp" will fit in my rack.

I'll make sure to stop by the ADAM booth to get my face slammed....

I'm pumped, see you guys there.
Old 23rd September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
A friend who lived in NY for years is meeting up with me there, and we've booked a dinner at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. I'm told it's going to be the best steak I've ever had in my life!

War
Dude can you get me a steak to go?

Glenn
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Guru

I'm on for Saturday, and maybe Friday night.
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Any more recommendations re: hotels/lodging? I know the city is expensive, so cheap"ish" alternatives are welcome...

I'm really looking forward to it!thumbsupthumbsup

Last edited by PlugHead; 28th September 2007 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: I'm going but need a crashpad!!!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

This AES will be heaven. So, my favorite thing in the world, more than music, is boxing. As I said before, there is a heavyweight title fight at MSG that Saturday night (oct. 6th). The champion is injured so they are trying to save the card. They crowned the challeneger as the new champion and now he may be fighting my good friend, Jameel McCline. So, now my buddy maybe fighting for the heavyweight title that night. This just keeps getting better and better.
Old 26th September 2007
RSVP for the Gearslutz eats & drinks meet up here

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...e-join-us.html

Get your free AES pass from Gearslutz.com here AES New York 2007: On-line VIP Registration

Old 29th September 2007
Gear Nut

I'll be there

I'll be hanging out with Kooster and his new Digital Truck (next to the WAVES booth), looking forward to asking Fletcher some questions, swapping old stories with Remoteness, got a couple of questions for Mr. Derr, and I'll have my prototype of a NEW CARDIOID TUBE CONDENSER NOISE CANCELING AT DISTANCE microphone design to show and let folks hear (think recording vocals in the control room, singing to the mains, no headphones - no leakage). Can't wait to see everyone.
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by "DB" View Post
I'll be hanging out with Kooster and his new Digital Truck (next to the WAVES booth), looking forward to asking Fletcher some questions, swapping old stories with Remoteness, got a couple of questions for Mr. Derr and I'll have my prototype of a NEW CARDIOID TUBE CONDENSER NOISE CANCELING AT DISTANCE microphone design to show and let folks hear (think recording vocals in the control room, singing to the mains, no headphones - no leakage). Can't wait to see everyone.
Cool idea. Now if it can sound like a U47 or 251!
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Head

I'm Going!!
see you there!
Old 30th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'll be there. Haven't been in awhile so it should be fun.
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmix View Post
I'll be there. Haven't been in awhile so it should be fun.
Last time I attended the buzz was this "sum" box from Dangerous Audio. Boy how things have changed since '01 !
Old 30th September 2007
Gear Nut

Will be my first show! Very excited. Gonna stop by on Monday afternoon for sure... bummed to miss all the dinner etc. Have reunion and wedding the same weekend!
Old 3rd October 2007

yes, yes, y'all.

i'll be the one with the mad buddha press, y'all.

comin' from the west, y'all. ...(cypress hill)

actually i'm coming from slightly north - i'll be around all weekend....

lookin' forward to meetin' y'all ..

joseph

Old 3rd October 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfipie View Post
Dude can you get me a steak to go?

Glenn
Uh.

No.

War
Old 3rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Uh.

No.

War
That's the right answer. After the Porterhouse, you'll barely get YOURSELF out the door.

I'll see you all there. For those with full conference passes, I'm presenting a session on jazz and acoustic music from the LIVE SOUND forum. I'm mixing a show Friday, so see ya Saturday & Sunday....

Save me some space at the Booth!

Jim vB
Old 3rd October 2007
Here for the gear

Ahhhh. Cherry popped. My first GS post... (after having used it as a resource for years)

It'll also be my first AES, and boy, am I excited.. like those visits to Toys 'R' Us 25+ years ago..

Got my pass thru a friend thru Geetar Center- best thing I ever got from 'em (but- that's for another thread...!)

Any advice for 'can't miss' seminars? Should I just amble around?

Thanks
Old 3rd October 2007
One with big hooves

I'll be there on Saturday & probably one other day, Friday or Sunday... plans haven't quite settled out yet. I'm hoping & thinking Friday though...

I haven't been following too much, any good parties on Friday night?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek610 View Post

Any advice for 'can't miss' seminars? Should I just amble around?
I always wander around looking at new tools & randomly bump into people for chats & misadventures... that's the whole fun of it for me.

Guess it would depend on what 'ya want to get out of the show... I've never taken in a paper.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search