The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ssl alpha channel spdif question Channel Strips
Old 15th August 2007
Here for the gear

ssl alpha channel spdif question

so ive been hitting the search engines pretty hard, even calling gc guys that normally have their head on da shoulders.. but no luck.

simply put.. can i spdif out of logic (and out of the digi 002 spdif) into the input of the ssl alpha channel, utilize its eq, then spdif back into logic (002 spdifs in) on a fresh new track?

and if it can, will the alpha channel handle a stereo source even though it is a single channel strip?

just curious. sorry if im blind and couldnt find this anywhere else.. but ive been seriously searchin on this one.

-brian
Old 15th August 2007
Solid State Logic

I think the SDPIF in is only for clocking. But then, I'm on holiday and not in the office so I can't check.

Even if you could, the as the EQ is mono you'd have real problems using it on a stereo track...
Old 15th August 2007
Here for the gear

you know.. i figured.. but i was sooo hopeful that i was wrong that i risked lookin silly to find out.. oh well.

guess i need another one!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search