The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any midi keyboard/interface suggestions?
Old 9th August 2007
Gear Nut

Any midi keyboard/interface suggestions?

i have a m-audio radium 61 that just cant stop screwing up. first i had to get a new usb port put in it... now it wont stay in tune (wtf?!).

im wondering if every midi controller/interface (and i need it to be a midi interface... i have the mbox 1) is as delicate as this guy. i would love to find something that wont break down on me right after i take it out of the box!

thanks.
Old 9th August 2007
Gear Head

I have an m-audio keystation 88es, and that's working like a charm. I think you've been very unfortunate, because these keyboards are so easy to build that even m-audio usually get them right.
Do you need/want weighted? and what size are you looking for?
Old 9th August 2007
I have had an Axiom 49 for what has to of been a year now. It is great.
Old 9th August 2007
Gear Addict

I have a novation SL which is wicked!!!

There's new Akai ones that seem nice as well, with proper MPC style pads and aftertouch, though I haven't played one to know what the action's like.
Old 11th August 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortlar View Post
I have an m-audio keystation 88es, and that's working like a charm. I think you've been very unfortunate, because these keyboards are so easy to build that even m-audio usually get them right.
Do you need/want weighted? and what size are you looking for?
im looking for a 61... maybe an 88. i had an m-audio keystation pro 88. i was hoping that it would feel like a piano... it felt more like a rhodes. also, i didnt particularly like that when i hit the keys really hard, the sound didnt really reflect that.

anyway, the radium 61 was treating me just fine until recently with the keys going out of tune... which m-audio says they have never heard of this. i wonder if the oxygen 61 would be all right. maybe?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search