The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I made this on a weekend
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear maniac

I made this on a weekend

Only jesting, it took a bit longer and is no way near finished, but sounds good, should I leave alone or tweak, tweak tweak.

Heres some photos that are for the designers and yourself's to rip apart. http://www.ascapesuite.com/studiophotos.htm
Old 3rd April 2004
chikkenguy
on the index page, you put "aswell as logic 6"

those rooms are really nice looking. did you have the acoustics proffessionally done? did you build the place youself?
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear maniac

I don't use logic, but the film composer does in the other room. I'm to busy getting my cables in order to learn midi programs (only J'ing)
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear Head

Absolutley Georgous, honestly.
Terrific choices of reds, purples and blues! Congrats, it looks a pleasant place to work.

Tweak you say? You will regardless.

Inspiring for my own small studio.

Blood
Old 3rd April 2004
Lives for gear

Great job!!! A+++
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear Guru

really nice! love the stone and diffusion in the drum area...

so, DID you do the work yourself?

do you have any pix of the construction phase?
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear maniac

Good you like it, any comments are welcome as I like things to grow slowly rather than be 'professionally designed' from the out set. Lessons will be learnt, and thats part of the fun, but at the moment it sounds great and big hitters like it.

Thanks for the cool comments, my girl was in hospital while I was getting this place together which made it even harder. As for professional, yes many professionals gave their input, but I didn't always want their input, sound is ****ed up and messy by nature.

No pic's on construction due to the fact I've done it before and never looked at it again. The upstairs of the build has stud walls coated with four different layers of wood, where as the downstairs live areas have double brick walls with air gap then rockwool/gypo/high density roof matting/gypo board/ acoustic absorbers..here and there then material.

If you wanna know why certain things were done I will explain happily.
Old 3rd April 2004
Gear nut

Hey Cape

I have been looking for some decent premises up here in the North for some 6 months now and I think I have finally found some, I just wanted to tell you that I have been looking at your site long before I knew you posted here, it's the business. It has the right vibe, nice one !!

All the best, keep it up.

Steve
Old 3rd April 2004
Lives for gear

Very nice studio... Good luck!
Old 3rd April 2004
Lives for gear

Really nice... if you ever have a weekend off you are welcome to help a little outhere toheh

Nice work

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search