The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
akai vs. line 6 Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th July 2007
Here for the gear

akai vs. line 6

Im trying to make a final decision on getting either a Line 6 dl-4 or an Akai Headrush. Both guitar pedals are used for looping and delay effects. I was wondering if anyone has played both of them and would recomend one over the other. Or what are the pros and cons of each. any suggestions or comments would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
akai vs. line 6-line6dl4.jpg   akai vs. line 6-e2_front.jpg  
Old 21st November 2008
Gear Addict

I too am interested in anyone's thoughts on the Akai Headrush vs. DL4 vs. modded DD5 ...

Anyone????
Old 22nd November 2008
Lives for gear

I've owned the DL4 and the DD-5 stock. Have not used the Akai. I did not care for the Boss, just seemed touchy to me, or something. Not very 'musical'. The Line 6 is outstanding. Very useful analog-sounding piece, even with stock presets. Can run in stereo. Simple to program. And, I happen to have one for sale in the classifieds

They will both work inline, but for my preferences I like to run those kinds of pedals through an insert if possible. I just would rather have a direct guitar tone as the baseline, then layer delays or other FX as desired.

Steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search