The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
2408mkIII word clock woes
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

2408mkIII word clock woes

I have a 2408mkIII feeding via. lightpipe into and from a Sony DMX-R100 console. Al of the conversion happens in the Sony, I only use the digital i/o of the 2408. I clock it all with a Big Ben.

For some reason, the 2408 will not work with the word clock input. The sony is set to word clock in, and it is synced up no problem. If I set the 2408 to word clock in, the audio goes away although the green output lights on the 2408 still light. The only way I have gotten things to work is to have the 2408 set to ADAT to get it's clock source. So the sony is getting word clock, and the 2408 is getting it from the sony. I suppose this is okay, but I'd really like to do it right (have everything get it's own direct word clock signal)

Any Ideas???

Thanks!

-Chris Parsons

P.S. I have checked cables and word clock generator.
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
I have a 2408mkIII feeding via. lightpipe into and from a Sony DMX-R100 console. Al of the conversion happens in the Sony, I only use the digital i/o of the 2408. I clock it all with a Big Ben.

For some reason, the 2408 will not work with the word clock input. The sony is set to word clock in, and it is synced up no problem. If I set the 2408 to word clock in, the audio goes away although the green output lights on the 2408 still light. The only way I have gotten things to work is to have the 2408 set to ADAT to get it's clock source. So the sony is getting word clock, and the 2408 is getting it from the sony. I suppose this is okay, but I'd really like to do it right (have everything get it's own direct word clock signal)

Any Ideas???

Thanks!

-Chris Parsons

P.S. I have checked cables and word clock generator.
I had a monstrous time syncing my 2408mkIII to word clock in. I'm now using a Mytek8x192 for my conversion, going to the 2408mkIII via ADAT, and then into Cubase SX3. Not until i spent two full days reading the cuemix software manual did i eventually figure it out.

what DAW are you using? the software has to be setup correctly for the word clock in to work properly with your motu.
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

I'm using DP 5.12

I just don't think this should be that difficult. I don't even see where I could change any settings other than clock source.
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

I have (3) 2408 MKIII's synced to my Rosendahl Nanosyncs which also clocks my Grace m906 and PT HD Rig. I have NEVER had any clocking issues at all. I wish I could help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search