The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
US Patriotic gear thread!!!!!!
Old 26th July 2007
  #1
Lives for gear
 
maks's Avatar
 

US Patriotic gear thread!!!!!!

For all US citizens and hardworking illegal aliens...

Please buy "made in the usa" gear...

Stop China from owning us completely...

Support your local talent...

don't let quality slide before its too late...



Old 26th July 2007
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Sigma's Avatar
yeah dump all that neve, ssl and helios gear on my door step while you are at it
Old 26th July 2007
  #3
Gear Addict
 
tarnationsauce's Avatar
 

Get Seventh Circle, made where the home is at.
Old 26th July 2007
  #4
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by maks View Post
For all US citizens and hardworking illegal aliens...

Please buy "made in the usa" gear...

Stop China from owning us completely...

Support your local talent...

don't let quality slide before its too late...



Can't wait to see how this thread evolves.
Old 26th July 2007
  #5
Lives for gear
 
7161's Avatar
 

ha ha ha, yeah, i almost typed a witty response... file under 'la la land' methinks
Old 26th July 2007
  #6
CKK
Lives for gear
 
CKK's Avatar
 

Yes. please stop buying those cellphones, flat screens, cars, shoes, sunglasses, handbags, clothes, pc's, hifi's, perfume, audiogear etc. etc.

In fact, all that are buying and selling this stuff should be registered as potential terrorists and banned from the civilized world. Send them all to the middle east where they can grow long beards and hate us all.

Come on - many of those chinese people working at those diff. plants are making money to feed their families, and that is a good thing - no?

And please stop talking about quality - lots and lots of quality products have comed from China.

Old 26th July 2007
  #7
Lives for gear
 
ssaudio's Avatar
 

next we'll be getting asked to believe in jesus, burn books and renounce porn...
Old 26th July 2007
  #8
Lives for gear
 
PhilE's Avatar
...

Last edited by PhilE; 26th July 2007 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: forget it- you cant make this point in text.
Old 26th July 2007
  #9
Lives for gear
 
indie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
wow- and people wonder why there are folk who would love nothing more than to take the usa tow it out into outer space and leave it there!
wow to this comment.
Old 26th July 2007
  #10
Lives for gear
 
PhilE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
wow to this comment.
OK,
I'm not wanting to start agro... but seriously- this is an attitude that people around the world find rubs them up the wrong way... we had a big buy brittish thing in the UK that really p*ssed a lot of people off too.
You just need to be aware of how people read these things.
Old 26th July 2007
  #11
Lives for gear
 
7161's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
wow- and people wonder why there are folk who would love nothing more than to take the usa tow it out into outer space and leave it there!
um... didnt that already happen?
Old 26th July 2007
  #12
CKK
Lives for gear
 
CKK's Avatar
 

Never did understand why a whole nation of haters cant understand why the rest of the world dont love them.

A bit harsh I know - but flame on brothers.

Old 26th July 2007
  #13
CKK
Lives for gear
 
CKK's Avatar
 

Sorry bout the last post. Fast fingers you know - hehe
Old 26th July 2007
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Disjointed's Avatar
 

im all for China owning America!!
.. they already own most of it anyway!! (the gov borrows most of its monies from China)

+ Chinese food is delicious
Old 26th July 2007
  #15
Lives for gear
 
indie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
OK,
I'm not wanting to start agro... but seriously- this is an attitude that people around the world find rubs them up the wrong way... we had a big buy brittish thing in the UK that really p*ssed a lot of people off too.
You just need to be aware of how people read these things.
I understand. I just don't think it's wrong to want to support local/regional/national economy. thumbsup
Old 26th July 2007
  #16
Lives for gear
 
ssaudio's Avatar
 

yes, there are quite a few infamous folks from recent history that agree with that too
Old 26th July 2007
  #17
Lives for gear
 
manthe's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjointed View Post
im all for China owning America!!
.. they already own most of it anyway!!, + Chinese food is delicious
1. If you hate the USA and it's people, then f^ck you, you're ignorant

2. It is OK to buy products from anywhere. It is a choice and we're all free to make it.

3. There is NOTHING wrong with supporting products made domestically. It fosters gainful employment, which fosters positive citizenship which benefits all of your friends and neighbors, and so on. It also stimulates the local economy which has positive economic ripple effects throughout the entire country. Pardon us for wanting to maintain or trying to rebuild a decent, domestic economy

4. Anyone who thinks that 'Buy American', or 'Buy British' is rooted in nationalistic hate for others has completely misinterpreted it (that includes ALL of you non-US folks who so smugly jump on any comment that CAN be misconstrued and ASSUME the worst meaning...thereby adopting this typical, holier-than-thou attitude and proceeding to generalize a bunch of bull**** about 'Americans'...again I say...you're ignorant!)

5. How crazy does someone have to be to jump from 'Buy American' to Jesus and book burning? Even if it was a joke, it speaks to a strange neurosis that has become very prevalent. As if any one who cares about the USA and wants to see good things happen for the people, economically, socially, etc MUST have a wacko, fringe agenda.


I suppose it is really just the vocal, fringe minority that make all of these ignorant, racist, hateful, petty little comments and jabs. Just like any US citizen that thinks 'Buy American' means 'Snub Other Country's Products'....You ALL belong together in a "...nation of haters"

For those blind folks who see a 'nation of haters'...take a look around. How about a little experiment? Over the next week, scour the web and find 100 forums. It doesn't even matter what the subject is, just make sure it is well represented internationally. Then, start reading OT threads and take note of WHO is casting hate/calling names/pointing fingers/being UGLY/feeling superior/being DICKS to WHOM! I DARE you. If you're even slightly capable of being honest (especially with yourself), you'll be shocked. Start with this thread, and then move on.

I am a decent, law abiding, kind generous family man. I am also an American...and for JUST that reason, I been called every name in the book and have been told WHO I am and WHAT i am by people who have no clue if I'm even male or female! All this from 'so called' "enlightened", non-Americans.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All of the racists will continue to be racists. They'll continue to point the finger and feel smug and superior. They'll continue to preach. Whatever. I've quit listening. At least their persistence is amusing! hehheh
Old 26th July 2007
  #18
Lives for gear
 
indie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaudio View Post
yes, there are quite a few infamous folks from recent history that agree with that too
right, of course...completely logical -- if I want to buy a chandler product made in the usa, that makes me of like mind with hitler. nice.
Old 26th July 2007
  #19
Lives for gear
 
ssaudio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthe View Post
1. If you hate the USA and it's people, then f^ck you, you're ignorant

2. It is OK to buy products from anywhere. It is a choice and we're all free to make it.

3. There is NOTHING wrong with supporting products made domestically. It fosters gainful employment, which fosters positive citizenship which benefits all of your friends and neighbors, and so on. It also stimulates the local economy which has positive economic ripple effects throughout the entire country. Pardon us for wanting to maintain or trying to rebuild a decent, domestic economy

4. Anyone who thinks that 'Buy American', or 'Buy British' is rooted in nationalistic hate for others has completely misinterpreted it (that includes ALL of you non-US folks who so smugly jump on any comment that CAN be misconstrued and ASSUME the worst meaning...thereby adopting this typical, holier-than-thou attitude and proceeding to generalize a bunch of bull**** about 'Americans'...again I say...you're ignorant!)

5. How crazy does someone have to be to jump from 'Buy American' to Jesus and book burning? Even if it was a joke, it speaks to a strange neurosis that has become very prevalent. As if any one who cares about the USA and wants to see good things happen for the people, economically, socially, etc MUST have a wacko, fringe agenda.


I suppose it is really just the vocal, fringe minority that make all of these ignorant, racist, hateful, petty little comments and jabs. Just like any US citizen that thinks 'Buy American' means 'Snub Other Country's Products'....You ALL belong together in a "...nation of haters"

For those blind folks who see a 'nation of haters'...take a look around. How about a little experiment? Over the next week, scour the web and find 100 forums. It doesn't even matter what the subject is, just make sure it is well represented internationally. Then, start reading OT threads and take note of WHO is casting hate/calling names/pointing fingers/being UGLY/feeling superior/being DICKS to WHOM! I DARE you. If you're even slightly capable of being honest (especially with yourself), you'll be shocked. Start with this thread, and then move on.

I am a decent, law abiding, kind generous family man. I am also an American...and for JUST that reason, I been called every name in the book and have been told WHO I am and WHAT i am by people who have no clue if I'm even male or female! All this from 'so called' "enlightened", non-Americans.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All of the racists will continue to be racists. They'll continue to point the finger and feel smug and superior. They'll continue to preach. Whatever. I've quit listening. At least their persistence is amusing! hehheh
you forgot to add


'in my opinion'

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
right, of course...completely logical -- if I want to buy a chandler product made in the usa, that makes me of like mind with hitler. nice.
That's a logical assumption

you feeling guilty or something?
Old 26th July 2007
  #20
Gear Addict
 
richardswag's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7161 View Post
um... didnt that already happen?
Shhhh - don't tell them - they weren't supposed to know...
Old 26th July 2007
  #21
CKK
Lives for gear
 
CKK's Avatar
 

Its the patriotic thingy that gets me tickled. The term has been SOOOO overused in the US for generations to act with aggression towards ANY that thinks different. Its too close to extreeme nationalisme in my ears and thats why I react to a thread like this.

Peace man
Old 26th July 2007
  #22
I would wish for ..... "World peace" - Weather man, in the movie Groundhog Day..



Have a nice day!.... (wherever you are...)
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump