The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Good overdrive pedals for synth???
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Addict

Good overdrive pedals for synth???

The singer in my band runs a Nord Lead and a Virus Polar and wants to dirty it up a bit, any OD recommendations???
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

It all depends on what kind of sounds he's normally using. Either way, I can give you one tip...mix the overdriven channel with a clean channel. A lot of pedals tend to do a little bit too much with the signal, even on its cleanest settings. On guitars it works fine because it sounds like...ehm...an overdriven guitar. If we do the same with synths they will also start to sound like overdriven guitars...
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Addict

Maybe a voodoo lab sparkle drive then, I know you can mix the clean with the dirty on them, maybe one of them with the keeley mod... This is for live by the way
Old 26th July 2007
JDN
Lives for gear

the Ratt pedal is really good for keys and vocals...basically, any pedal that doesn't do the typical metal guitar thing of scooping out all the mids is good, since synth and vox have a lot of mids...the boss ds1 is good too, same with the supra distortion
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Addict

Sweet I have a ds1 aND A RAT so we'll try it out tonight actually I have a ****load of OD pedals I was just interested to see what others have used successfully, any more suggestions???
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Pigtronix disnortion is great for synths. Also, If you can get one, the technosaurus effexon is really incredible. Unfortunately, the one I got to play with wasn't mine, they don't make them anymore, and I can't find one anywhere.

The pigtronix is capable of being very subtle, so I wouldn't worry much about having a wet/dry mix.
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

maybe a t-rex mudhoney. it's the most usable, non-obnoxious dist pedal I've ever used. . . if that's the thing your going for.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search