The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Drawmer DL 241: a long term investment?
Old 26th July 2007
Drawmer DL 241: a long term investment?

I don't have any outboard compression, but there is a cheap Drawmer DL241 in my area and was considering picking it up. I can't decide if I want to keep it ITB and maybe buy the UAD XPander when it comes out (I use a MacBook). Is it something that's easy to use? What are some good applications for it?
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear
A 241 isn't the worlds greatest unit....but its far from the worst, especially if you don't have anything else. Its quite workable in the same way a DBX 160A is workable, its not going to be a religious experiense, but it will get the job done without mangling anything beyond repair (unless of coure thats what you are trying to do...)

Its also not going to be a a Drawmer piece that has great resale...so buy it cheap and get your use out of if. (unless of course some big enginees writes that he cut so and sos vocal with it on his mondo platinum CD.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search