The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
whos using RME Hammerfall 9652?
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Maniac

whos using RME Hammerfall 9652?

What do you think? What else should I be comparing it to or considering?

CHEERZ
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

One of the most solid cards available
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Awesome card!
Old 26th July 2007
mds
Lives for gear

I've used like 30 of them. I've owned a few, and have set up piles of gigasampler machines for composers in town based on them. They're great cards with great support.
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

I USE ONE WITH MY NUENDO SET UP AND And ALESIS HD24......ABSOLUTELY rock solid!!!!

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Old 26th July 2007
Here for the gear

rme

I had an rme pci sound card (not the hamerfall though) and was unhappy with it due to compatability reasons and just overall performance. Do yourself a favor and by a firewire audio interface. Will work and is more modern and is what most people use nowadays, and get a pci plugin card like uad for low latency editing. Firewire interfaces are even portable if you want to work and bring your recordings with you on a notebook.
Old 26th July 2007
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunkhunter View Post
I had an rme pci sound card (not the hamerfall though) and was unhappy with it due to compatability reasons and just overall performance.
Id like to hear what kind of compatibility and performance problems you were having?!

Gustav
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the feedback guys...sounds like I'm making the right choice! I am surprised by the user claiming better performance with a firewire device compared to an RME PCI setup...that sounds strange to me.

If I were to start out with a Digimax FS into the RME, would I need to sync or clock it or just run the toslink hookups?

CHEERZ
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Maniac

here's a couple questions I need answered:

Should I be sending clock to the Digimax FS from the RME (will be through BNC) or should I send clock from the Digimax FS TO the RME?

What kind of Optical cables are required for SMUX? Anything special or the regular ones?

CHEERZ
Old 26th July 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron florentine View Post
I USE ONE WITH MY NUENDO SET UP AND And ALESIS HD24......ABSOLUTELY rock solid!!!!
Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Same use here, no better bit accurate transfer from these. It holds up with the best converters made including the -129 db dynamic range BurrBrown PCM1792 DAC.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Maniac

sounds like im making the correct decision in cards...any ideas about my clocking dilemma...optical cables for XMUX?

CHEERZ

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search