The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
will this work?
Old 25th July 2007
Gear Maniac

will this work?

First off, how do you guys rate the RME Hammerfall HDSP 96-52? Are there others in this range I should consider?

Second, I was thinking of running a Digimax FS into this RME card via ADAT. My question is this:

If I am running Cubase SX3, can I get my external effects units running through this setup? (using Cubases exteranl hardware bussing of course).

My concern is whether Cubase has access to all the direct outputs on the back of the Digimax, or are these for STANDALONE use only

Any advice here?
Old 26th July 2007
Gear Maniac

bump....

Old 26th July 2007

I don't see why quebaist would have trouble using the inputs and outputs on the RME card.....

I'm not sure how the Digimax is set up.

-tINY

Old 26th July 2007
Gear Maniac

thanks Tiny...

I take it you dont like Cubase???heh

The RME should be fine, I was more wondering if there are other cards in that range I should consider. I'm sure the RME driver is rock solid though so...

The Digimax has 8 in/out ADAT SMUX 96k. It has 8 direct outputs but it also has 8 DAC outputs which I didnt see before. I suppose i should be able to assign tracks to the DAC outputs via Cubase right??? Hope so...

Anyone?
Old 26th July 2007

So you are going to use the RME to output to the digimax and then send the returns back to the RME?

I don't see why that wouldn't work - the Digimax will work stand-alone, right?

-tINY

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search