The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitar Amp for recording synths
Old 21st July 2007
Gear Nut

Guitar Amp for recording synths

Can anyone recommend a small amp for mic'ing up and recording keyboards through? Just thinking of more ways to get a little more interest and character into my sounds. Any gs'ers out there doing this?
Old 21st July 2007
Lives for gear

Every amp sounds different, so there is a whole bunch of colors. Try anything and everything you have. Everything from mic'ing up your headphones or monitor speakers, to ghettoblasters, guitar amps, bass amps.

If you specifically want distortion, it's hard to beat a good tube amp. You might want to buy a Reamp pedal to match up gain and impedance.

The speaker cab makes a huge difference to tone - it's nice to have a whole bunch. I tend to buy seperate amps and cabs so I can mix and match.
Old 21st July 2007
Gear Guru

I've used my Blues Deluxe with my Ensoniq EPS and get great cleans and some slightly overdriven tones to help bring the parts to life.

For better low end clarity, I'd consider the new Fender Vibro-Verb single 15"
Old 21st July 2007
Lives for gear

especially on a tube amp, careful with that resonance, eugene...
Old 21st July 2007
Gear Guru

I ran my EPS through my Peavy Mark III bass amp into my Ampeg SVT 8X10 cabinet and that my friends gave me the live concert tones I was looking for on some songs.

If your KB parts have a lot of bass, try a single 18" cabinet.
Old 21st July 2007
Lives for gear

I've done it using my Magnatone 262. I love it. especially when adding a hint of the vibrato.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search