The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Delay into Reverb and Predelay
Old 21st July 2007
Gear Addict

Delay into Reverb and Predelay

Hi all,

For vocals I have been routing my vocals into an aux send with an eventide eclipse using the micropitchshift delay setting then routed in series into a reverb.

Since the eclipse is adding delay already, should I be keeping the predelay on my rev erb at zero, and adjusting the delay via the eclipse?

That seems to be right to me, but maybe I should be adding predelay on the reverb unit too (which is what I normally do).

All the units are at 100% wet and I mix the returns to taste.

What do you do?

Cheers,
Lumen
Old 21st July 2007
Lives for Jesus

Do what sounds good to you heh

On my EMT 140 plate i use an external delay but when i use the Lexicons i use there internal pre delay

i would probably not feed the output of the eventide to the reverb; I would bring the outputs to the console, And then send the eventide to the verb through another Aux if i wanted it to have verb

Old 21st July 2007
Lives for gear

I don't think it really matters. See which one sounds better.
Old 21st July 2007
Lives for gear

I would expect them to sound identical, and it shouldn't really matter. I would tend to use the predelay in the reverb, and only use a seperate delay if the reverb lacked one.

The idea of using a delay that adds some color or diffusion or modulation can add some interest to a reverb.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search