The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lovepedal "Death of Vox" info .....
Old 20th July 2007
Gear Head

Lovepedal "Death of Vox" info .....

I`ve mentioned in a few threads that I`m very new to the effects world and after searching around the web looking at info on old Vox effects, my main interest at present...I came across the Lovepedal "Death of Vox" pedal. Now obviously this all new to me but from what I gather from reading Sean`s page and his My Space it somewhat simulates the sound of an AC 30 before it blows !!!!

I`ve looked at the archives for threads on this unit but can`t get too much info. Can anyone give me the lowdown on this so even I can understand it. Like I mentioned elsewhere...you can`t learn if you don`t ask.

Also, the price...Sean`s site has it for $175. Then I see some on E Bay for like $325. What`s the deal there ?

Thanks for helping the new guy.

Mike
Old 20th July 2007
Gear Addict

Lovepedals that are discontinued or limited in production mean that guys like to jack up the price and try to resell. Oh how frustrating...

As far as the Death of a Vox pedal goes, it is a fantastic pedal for an EL84 amp. Expect it to get the "blizzard of nails" tone, your low end will be all over the place, but it's a killer sound when you need it as an accent. Down low on the gain I found it wasn't superb at getting a semi-overdriven tone- it wants to be driven to the max! If you're looking for a great overdrive for a Vox, look no further than a Crowther Hotcake.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 20th July 2007
Gear Head

Thanks, that does help a bit.

I should have asked before but how much amp do you need to get use out of Death of Vox ? Can this be of use w/ an old Champ or a Pathfinder or are they too small ?
Old 20th July 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digam11 View Post
Thanks, that does help a bit.

I should have asked before but how much amp do you need to get use out of Death of Vox ? Can this be of use w/ an old Champ or a Pathfinder or are they too small ?
To get the Vox thing going you're going to need at least 2 12" speakers, you need to push some air with this pedal. Anything under the 18 watt category and you'll get some great "amp melting" sounds but it won't be completely Vox meltdown.
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Head

Well, I picked up a Vox AC15 and now I`m wondering what a Death of Vox would do w/ this. Going from a White Falcon or a G3161 thru DOV into the AC15

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search