The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DIGI 003 noob
Old 19th July 2007
Gear Addict

DIGI 003 noob

ok, just got the digi 003 rack a week ago and am pleased with it except for one thing.. i cant hear my keyboards, etc without loading up protools and record arming a track and then when i hit play to jam with a song, it mutes again...until i start to record.. it is very frustrating because what i upgraded from (audigy 2 lol) i had no problems like this.. am i overlooking something?

any help would be appreciated!
Chuck
Old 19th July 2007
Gear Maniac

Alt + K
Old 19th July 2007
Lives for gear

Hookup all your keyboards to a mixer, connect the mixer to "alt source" on the digi. When ever you want to use the keys w/o pt just press "alt source to monitor".
Old 19th July 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrick19 View Post
Alt + K
if you're using a PC. if you're on a mac, you want option + K.

you can get the same effect by clicking the "I" button on the track. it'll light up green. Basically, you're monitoring the input. When the track is just record armed, you're hearing what's on "tape".. so input when paused, what's on the track when playing.
Old 19th July 2007
Lives for gear

The reason for this default setting is you usually want to hear what you did prior to punching in. You can try to wade through the opaque user manual on input monitoring.
Old 19th July 2007
Gear Addict

ok gotcha. i do have the beheringer mixer that this replaced... thanks for the quick responses its really been buggin me this past week.. now to figure out this damn patchbay lol..
Old 25th July 2007
Gear Addict

i looked for that green "i" button forever and it was even in the manual but maybe its a pro tools hd thing.. what ive found that worked was to make an aux track and put the input to whatever i want to monitor.
Old 25th July 2007
Lives for gear

green 'i' button
input monitoring

HD only feature
Old 26th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peat View Post
green 'i' button
input monitoring

HD only feature

Damn you Digidesign, yet more lives utterly ruined by your evil ways.heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search