The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
8 x Mic pres - lightpipe output
Old 16th July 2007
Gear Head

8 x Mic pres - lightpipe output

I'm just fishing to see if any of you gear aware gearslutz out there know of a (reasonable - cheap) device that offers a rack of 8 mic pres with a lightpipe output. I have a customer that needs to get 8 mics into a TC Konnekt 24.
Old 16th July 2007

focusrite (forget what its called) (I've never used it, apparently its not that good)

m-audio Octane

but for my money the best deal is the mackie onyx

probably get one for just over a grand maybe in Oz

Actually I know someone selling one in NZ if that helps (and I would still recommend it above the others even if I didn't kow someone selling it!)

assuming that is your price range, otherwise the focusrite ISA is a good deal, for 8 channels with ADAT you're probably looking at about $3k USD used
or even cheaper are the behringer (read: crap (apparently) ) for about $600 AUS

narco
Old 16th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 1/2 Normal View Post
I'm just fishing to see if any of you gear aware gearslutz out there know of a (reasonable - cheap) device that offers a rack of 8 mic pres with a lightpipe output
ULTRAGAIN PRO-8 DIGITAL ADA8000
Old 16th July 2007
Gear Maniac

presonus digimax lt

theres 8 of them, and digi out. what else did u need?
Old 16th July 2007
Lives for gear

The Crane Song Spider is what I'd probably want.

Of course, wanting and actually coughing up $7big is two different things.
Old 16th July 2007

I have my MotU 896HD set up to do this now (never imagined that I'd out of outputs on a DM2000.....). It's feeding the Adat lightpipe to the Hammerfall boards and it's all synched to the board's word clock.

But the 986HD does a lot of other stuff - it looks like the 8-pre is a stripped down version of it. It's not clear how the 8pre synchs, though.

-tINY

Old 18th July 2007
Gear Nut

I've been using a MOTU 8Pre, they run around $500 when they show up on eBay. Sometimes a little less.
Old 18th July 2007
Gear Nut

Another vote for the Digimax LT. I use it all the time for live gigs. Has never let me down.

forsooth
Old 18th July 2007
Gear Nut
The new Presonus Digimax FS got a great review in Tape Op. Eight mic pres, lightpipe out, inserts on each channel. etc. Not very expensive.
Old 18th July 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco View Post
focusrite (forget what its called) (I've never used it, apparently its not that good)
Octopre. "not that good" is certainly a relative term...

I will admit that the limiters in the non-LE version are next to useless, but at least the preamps hold their own among the likely candidates for comparison. (Digimax, Octane, etc.)
Old 18th July 2007
sbs
Gear Nut

wot about this one...

Audient ASP-008 Brisbane Australia

i'm in the uk so i know nothing about this supplier but i googled the product and got this link...

i dont use one so cannot give a recommendation, simply listing it... (tho it is on my wishlist)

tim
Old 18th July 2007
Lives for gear

I may have a ADA8000 going for about $350 au if you are intertested. plus shipping from melbourne.
Old 18th July 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolemon View Post
The new Presonus Digimax FS got a great review in Tape Op. Eight mic pres, lightpipe out, inserts on each channel. etc. Not very expensive.
That is the one to get in a reasonable price range in my opinion. Yes, Andy Hong loved it and actually favored the DA conversion over his ProTools HD rig.

War
Old 18th July 2007
Lives for gear

+1 for the ADA8000

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search