The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Non-touchscreen digital mixer?
Old 20th November 2020
  #1
Gear Head
 
Non-touchscreen digital mixer?

I'm using Behringer X32 as main console in my live/studio operation. It is a good device, but now I'm looking for something more in sound quality. My problem is that I absolutely do not want any touchscreen on my desk. It seems strange, I know that, but I do not like such operation mode, I prefer hard buttons and controls.
Well, logical reply would be: buy an analog desk! No, I'm looking for a 32 channels digital mixer similar to X32 but sounding better.
In last decade it was Yamaha LS9-32 but it is discontinued and I'm not sure about sound performances.
Anyone could suggest such a console? Any idea? Thanks.
Old 21st November 2020
  #2
Lives for gear
 
ls9/x32 aren't 'high end'...

what's your budget? how many channels/busses do you need? what size? how many local i/o's? maybe worth noting that there are quite a few desks which have a touchscreen but parameters don't need to get adjzsted via touchscreen.

i'm using studer vista desks which use touchscreens just to display some data while all functions get get assigned to knobs, buttons and faders.

[i can fully undestand your reservation with touchscreens, certainly if there's only one or if you're working in the sunlight!]
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Head
 
Hi, thank you for your reply.
I mentioned X32 and LS9 (as I said I have X32) due to make an example of my ideal console. Digital one, 32 local XLR inputs and 16 outputs. Such mixer would be the best for me.
But I'm totally agree that both are not high end, as you mentioned.
I suspect that Studer Vista is far out of my budget.... Vista 1 is around $10k, is that correct? And it is too large I'm afraid.
I'm looking for a compact high end desk, under 1 meter width. Maybe it does not exist unfortunately.
So, I try to visit Studer web site again, just visited some month ago but if I remember Vista 1 is very large. Thanks.
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
Hi, thank you for your reply.
I mentioned X32 and LS9 (as I said I have X32) due to make an example of my ideal console. Digital one, 32 local XLR inputs and 16 outputs. Such mixer would be the best for me.
But I'm totally agree that both are not high end, as you mentioned.
I suspect that Studer Vista is far out of my budget.... Vista 1 is around $10k, is that correct? And it is too large I'm afraid.
I'm looking for a compact high end desk, under 1 meter width. Maybe it does not exist unfortunately.
So, I try to visit Studer web site again, just visited some month ago but if I remember Vista 1 is very large. Thanks.
the vista1 22-fader is around 1m wide but it starts around $40k
Attached Files
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #5
Gear Head
 
$40k...... totally out of the game. I thought around $10k, do not know why.
Any other possible solution? Maybe I'm asking too much.
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
$40k...... totally out of the game. I thought around $10k, do not know why.
Any other possible solution? Maybe I'm asking too much.
I believe that if you want a quality digital mixer today, you have to accept to have a part of the experience being through a touchscreen..
I actually think it’s not bad, AS LONG as you have enough dedicated buttons/knobs.

If budget is tight, the A&H SQ6 (or SQ7 if you need 32 channels) is a great choice.
It has several custom programmable knobs and buttons, which is very handy.

Sounds also better than what you had before.

On the upper end there’s the dLive S class (or C class at a lower price) with their mixrack stagebox solution which are also a joy to use (and sounds great). Maybe you could find some C class used, but we’re speaking more than 10k though.

The only other solution that is digital without a touchscreen, is the stagetec, excellent piece, used in classical and broadcast circles, very expensive.. to the point that the studer vista 1 is cheap..

Lawo also has a nice workflow with a good bit of buttons/knobs, but also top tier broadcast quality.. (quite expensive, but they also have high quality products).

I wish more manufacturers will go towards the physical controller/knobs/buttons direction.



Cheu
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
maybe the digico sd11 or the soundcraft vi1000 would be an option; if size doens't matter, i'd consider even a yamaha pm5d: all of these desks have a reasonable amount of knobs - too bad our entire industry went into another (and imo wrong) direction...
Old 22nd November 2020
  #8
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
The Yamaha PM1D system allows you to skip it's 6 foot wide control surface and use a number of other smaller mixers or just a computer to control it. That would be under budget and fit the 3 foot (1 meter) wide max requirement. Maybe some other past top dog digital systems allow the same thing.
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmankr View Post
The Yamaha PM1D system allows you to skip it's 6 foot wide control surface and use a number of other smaller mixers or just a computer to control it. That would be under budget and fit the 3 foot (1 meter) wide max requirement. Maybe some other past top dog digital systems allow the same thing.
A&H and other manufacturers as well, but then you're stuck with a mouse..
is that better..?
not in my world.. and since the OP wanted physical knobs I doubt would enjoy that... but it's an option



Cheu
Old 22nd November 2020
  #10
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
You use the knobs and faders on the smaller substitute compatible digital mixer (substitute smaller control surface) to save space since he can't do 6 feet wide with the original control surface. You still have the the high end remote controled mic pres and functions of the top dog system. The rest of the system doesn't even have to be in the control room (brain unit, input and output modules).

You face the same space problems for home guys wanting analog desks in that used high end models that are now deeply discounted via depreciation that now fit the home guys budget were built for the ergonomics of many knobs and modular strip construction for 24/7 usage and easy repairability, thus having (requiring) a larger footprint. Frankly if you want certain gear at a certain price I feel you have to compromise on footprint but given the make it smaller mentality without realizing you are likely also changing it's sound seems to get missed around here. There are sound differences with using a surface mounted ceramic capacitor compared to the older through hole other capacitor types. There are sound differences based on internal voltages and voltage rails. There are sound differences even with the size/layout of copper traces. When you make footprint a high priority then likely there will be other compromises to be made.

Last edited by Bassmankr; 22nd November 2020 at 08:31 PM..
Old 22nd November 2020
  #11
Gear Head
 
Thank you so much to all for so many advices, greatly appreciated.
Yes I'm agre that manufacturers are going into a wrong way, but it is, and we can just wait for better times (if they will come).
As I mentioned earlier, I'm looking for a compact, all-in-one, not modular console. So,
Reading all your advices, I believe that I will keep my X32 for much time, although I know it does not offer high end performances and I was looking for something having high end audio performances.
I'm looking for Soundcraft SI Expression 3, it is a budget console, not sure if it can be considered "high end" (maybe not), but it has touch screen, too. Bad luck.
Thank you again.
Old 23rd November 2020
  #12
Gear Head
 
Also, I'm evaluating going back to analog, but I'm so doubtful about that.
For example, what about A&H ZED-428? It seems a very good console, but it's very old I'm afraid.
As I said, I feel food with my X32, it is easy to use with many interesting features, but I'm looking for such console having audiophile sound quality, and X32 is surely not the best. Sometimes sound is thin, and main out is too hissy particularly at low volume, and I do not like it. But not sure if an analog console would be better from this point of view.
And other digitals without touch screen do not exist I believe.
Any other idea? Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
Also, I'm evaluating going back to analog, but I'm so doubtly about that.
For example, what about A&H ZED-428? It seems a very good console, but it's very old I'm afraid.
As I said, I feel food with my X32, it is easy to use with many interesting features, but I'm looking for such console having audiophile sound quality, and X32 is surely not the best. Sometimes sound is thin, and main out is too hissy particularly at low volume, and I do not like it. But not sure if an analog console would be better from this point of view.
And other digitals without touch screen did not exist I believe.
Any other idea? Thanks.
If you go analog, there are other boards to get before the zed (and I like A&H)..
Depends what you need to do honestly..

I’m a big analog desk fan, but today I’d would not carry one around.
Btw the A&H SQ series don’t have a lot submenus, and when mixing is quite straight forward to use..
to some extent is the A&H digital desks are some of the easiest to work with imho.



Cheu
Old 24th November 2020
  #14
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Soundcraft Vi1 is available used for cheap.
Limited touchscreen and controls right there on the screen to adjust the parameters you select.
Old 24th November 2020
  #15
Gear Head
 
I'm evaluating SQ7 in A&H web site now. Honestly, do you think sound quality is far better than in my actual X32?
Also, what about Presonus Studiolive 64S? Is it audiophile-grade or is it designed only for live concerts or similar? Thanks.
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
I'm evaluating SQ7 in A&H web site now. Honestly, do you think sound quality is far better than in my actual X32?
Also, what about Presonus Studiolive 64S? Is it audiophile-grade or is it designed only for live concerts or similar? Thanks.
stay clear of presonus and yes, the a&h desk outperform the x-desks - they suffer from same old issue as other desks though: the lack of knobs and just a single display slows down speed of use which remains to be one of the most crucial aspects of any mixing desk...
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
I'm evaluating SQ7 in A&H web site now. Honestly, do you think sound quality is far better than in my actual X32?
Also, what about Presonus Studiolive 64S? Is it audiophile-grade or is it designed only for live concerts or similar? Thanks.
Imho the SQ is better indeed.

I don’t fully agree with DeeDee that the SQ has not enough knobs.. actually it has several dedicated (and programmable knobs and buttons).. especially if you look at the price point of the desk, is quite impressive.

Don’t know any other desk that has several rotary encoders completely programmable to do what you want and as many pushbuttons at this price point.

I’d have liked a more complete channelstrip section like the dLive has? Sure! But this is a much less expensive desk, much lighter and smaller..
As everything in life, there are compromises to be made. So I’d not be as drastic as DeeDee, although I share his sentiment.

For exemple the x32, while it’s impressive what you get for the money (although I’m not a fan for several reasons), it’s all fixed, you can’t really move faders and layers around. Might fit some but not others.. compromises.

Btw forget the presonus..

Also the SQ is quite fast and easy to program the layers, thanks to their drag and drop operation.

Their plugs are also pretty good, worth getting the sw bundle imho.

The SQ is limited in outputs and routing compared to other more expensive and bigger desks (like the nice sounding Studer or Soundcraft Vi, or even A&H dLive)..
Yet still more than enough for most things or concerts where this product will be used.. and here’s also quite a huge price gap..



Cheu

Last edited by cheu78; 24th November 2020 at 12:17 PM..
Old 24th November 2020
  #18
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Chew78 has provided very good advice: the A-H SQ line is the best 24/96K performance value available today. I chose an SQ5 that has 16 active strips with channel faders but by adding the DX168 stage box I have an additional 16 channels available by touching layer"B". (there are 6 layers available offering 16 channels each on the SQ5) This was a better option for for me for several reasons;

I seldom ever need more than 12 channels for the live performance audio/video captures I conduct.
The DX168 is an A-H top of the line D-Live stage box that offers world class sonic performance.
The SQ5, DX168 and Glyph hard drive for multi-track recording all fit in a gator suitcase.

My advice to you is to audition a SQ5 in your studio to evaluate whether nor not you really need 32 faders to operate the needed 32 channels and make an informed decision pursuant to your real needs. The fact that 32 channels with world class processing is available for less than 4K US dollars is truly amazing.I have 20 channels of Digigrid/LV1 in my project studio that was several times more expensive and is not one bit better sonically than the SQ5/DX168 combo.
Hugh
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Imho the SQ is better indeed.

I don’t fully agree with DeeDee that the SQ has not enough knobs.. actually it has several dedicated (and programmable knobs and buttons).. especially if you look at the price point of the desk, is quite impressive.

Don’t know any other desk that has several rotary encoders completely programmable to do what you want and as many pushbuttons at this price point.

I’d have liked a more complete channelstrip section like the dLive has? Sure! But this is a much less expensive desk, much lighter and smaller..
As everything in life, there are compromises to be made. So I’d not be as drastic as DeeDee, although I share his sentiment.

For exemple the x32, while it’s impressive what you get for the money (although I’m not a fan for several reasons), it’s all fixed, you can’t really move faders and layers around. Might fit some but not others.. compromises.

Btw forget the presonus..

Also the SQ is quite fast and easy to program the layers, thanks to their drag and drop operation.

Their plugs are also pretty good, worth getting the sw bundle imho.

The SQ is limited in outputs and routing compared to other more expensive and bigger desks (like the nice sounding Studer or Soundcraft Vi, or even A&H dLive)..
Yet still more than enough for most things or concerts where this product will be used.. and here’s also quite a huge price gap..



Cheu
lol - i admit i'm having a hard time when being forced to use a desk with less than my120+ or 160+ knobs...

imo there's still a huge difference between 'auto assignment' via vistonics as on the studer and assignable functions as on the a&h; in addition, the former allows for simultaneous tweaking of two indepedent channels per display; add 'reverse bus interrogation' for contributing channels and the option to display 40 channel 'faders' via knobs and to swap to additional channels in banks of 40 by a single touch on the display etc.

reason i'm mentioning this is not (so much) to illustrate the superority of studer or stagetec desks (there isn't any point in arguing with that); it's in the hope that

pls all you guys and gals keep pushing manufacturers to reconsider their approach and add more knobs and displays!

of course this comes which a price but i'm convinced there would be a market for desks with superior functionality/access to functions in the middle price category (similar to yamaha cl, digico sd)!
Old 24th November 2020
  #20
Lives for gear
 
gravyface's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Qu-24 owner: I'm rarely using the touchscreen for channel strip or bus operations. There is a dedicated knob for all channel operations outside of choosing presets and entering in text in the scribble strips (and why wouldn't you want touch for that? Who likes scrolling through letters one at a time?).
Old 24th November 2020
  #21
Gear Head
 
So, I'm here again. I read carefully all your advices, thanks a lot to all. REALLY!
Unfortunately Studer and Soundcraft VI1 are totally out of my budget, A&H SQ series is at my higher limit. Forgetting Presonus (as you suggested, and as I suspected) my choice is reduced to A&H desks, and it seems a very good options you know.
As mentioned earlier, touch screen is the weakest point, but the chance to assign so many keys/encoders to my personal usage seems very interesting, because I could bypass touch screen in many operations after first setup and assignments.
Another question please: what are main differences between SQ and QU series? Both are in budget category (SQ is a little bit pricey). I mean particularly in sound performances but also in operating features. Is SQ series sounding really better than QU one? Also, which features was added is SQ series?
Thank you again, this thread is becoming very useful for me.
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #22
Gear Head
 
And, what about ipad app in SQ series? Can you control all console features or have you any limitation? Thanks.
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #23
Lives for gear
 
gravyface's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
And, what about ipad app in SQ series? Can you control all console features or have you any limitation? Thanks.
I use the Qu App extensively in my studio: every artist station has a cheap Android device with the Qu-App installed, to allow them full control over their personal mixes.

I use Behringer P1 headphone amps (with stereo XLR inputs) screwed onto a mic stand; I use a strong pinch clamp to attach the Lenovo tablet (which has a metal pedestal base) to the P1, which makes for a compact, professional personal mixing station.

I route 3 Stereo Mix Outs and 2 Group Outs (via pairs of microphone cables) for a total of 5 stations around the room (guitar, keys, drums, bass, percussion/overdubs).

I use the Qu-Control app on a larger iPad behind my drums, which gives me 100% control over the Qu.

I haven't used the SQ series, but I would imagine they're the same.

I also use a cheap old laptop as a means to Remote Desktop into the DAW, which is located at the far end of the room.
Old 24th November 2020
  #24
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
If the SQ is at the top of your budget, there really isn't much else out there. The features are pretty slammin for it's price range, aswell as the sound.

Maybe the Midas M32R would be a contendor, but I would pick the SQ over that one.
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #25
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
So, I'm here again. I read carefully all your advices, thanks a lot to all. REALLY!
Unfortunately Studer and Soundcraft VI1 are totally out of my budget, A&H SQ series is at my higher limit. Forgetting Presonus (as you suggested, and as I suspected) my choice is reduced to A&H desks, and it seems a very good options you know.
As mentioned earlier, touch screen is the weakest point, but the chance to assign so many keys/encoders to my personal usage seems very interesting, because I could bypass touch screen in many operations after first setup and assignments.
Another question please: what are main differences between SQ and QU series? Both are in budget category (SQ is a little bit pricey). I mean particularly in sound performances but also in operating features. Is SQ series sounding really better than QU one? Also, which features was added is SQ series?
Thank you again, this thread is becoming very useful for me.
Never used the app on the sq, but on the other desks the apps worked well for me (for what I needed).

The SQ is a big step up from the mighty Qu.
Preamps and converters are (much) better, more headroom, everything is at another level, plus it works at 96k (qu is 48k only)..
It’s definitely more futureproof than the qu, plus it’s expandable through an expansion card. The qu is a decent small venue desk at that price, very easy to operate/understand, but there’s no contest: the SQ is a big leap forward on every level.

Plugins also react differently, and are the same/similar to the dLive ones. I LOVE their A&H opto compressor and like their dbx160 emulation on several things, mainly bass and drums (their fx’s are also top notch).

Also the routing is more flexible, and you have the knobs and more assignable buttons. Quality feel overall.. great knob feel too.

Basically is the dLive sound in a smaller, routing/channel restrained package. A great move from A&H.



Cheu
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
gravyface's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Never used the app on the sq, but on the other desks the apps worked well for me (for what I needed).

The SQ is a big step up from the mighty Qu.
Preamps and converters are (much) better, more headroom, everything is at another level
, plus it works at 96k (qu is 48k only)..
It’s definitely more futureproof than the qu, plus it’s expandable through an expansion card. The qu is a decent small venue desk at that price, very easy to operate/understand, but there’s no contest: the SQ is a big leap forward on every level.

Plugins also react differently, and are the same/similar to the dLive ones. I LOVE their A&H opto compressor and like their dbx160 emulation on several things, mainly bass and drums (their fx’s are also top notch).

Also the routing is more flexible, and you have the knobs and more assignable buttons. Quality feel overall.. great knob feel too.

Basically is the dLive sound in a smaller, routing/channel restrained package. A great move from A&H.



Cheu
How are you arriving at this conclusion? I've asked around on the Qu/SQ forums and the opinion is quite different.

I also find that converters and preamps get way way overblown around here, like the difference is several orders of magnitude in qualitative improvement, like we just went from a dirty old Tascam 4-track cassette recorder to an Aurora.
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
How are you arriving at this conclusion? I've asked around on the Qu/SQ forums and the opinion is quite different.

I also find that converters and preamps get way way overblown around here, like the difference is several orders of magnitude in qualitative improvement, like we just went from a dirty old Tascam 4-track cassette recorder to an Aurora.
I’ve never used the SQ app (as said), but have used the qu, dLive and the gld ones, I had no issues with them so that’s my experience.. at each his own, I guess.
It really comes down what you need to do on the app, and if it’s an extension of your desk or why/how you’re using them.

I mainly used the desk though, since I don’t like to mix with the ipad/app, but that has nothing to do with the app per se.

But nice that you’ve asked around to form your own opinion.. next time use the products maybe?

Have you compared to pres/converters from the Qu to the ones if the gld or dLive (or SQ)? Or you also asked around?

Imho there quite a big/noticeable difference, also in the processing, regarding the QU and the others (even just the gld is noticeably better than the qu, and still running at 48kHz).
Nothing that will invalidate a good performance, but better IS better.

I wonder what is your experience with these desks specifically to say something like that.

I mean, the Qu is a good small desk, and the pres are not bad (are actually better than any yammie or other consoles and not only in that price range) BUT the SQ (and dLive or even GLD) are noticeably better.

There’s simply no other way to put it.



Cheu
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
gravyface's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
I’ve never used the SQ app (as said), but have used the qu, dLive and the gld ones, I had no issues with them so that’s my experience.. at each his own, I guess.
It really comes down what you need to do on the app, and if it’s an extension of your desk or why/how you’re using them.

I mainly used the desk though, since I don’t like to mix with the ipad/app, but that has nothing to do with the app per se.

But nice that you’ve asked around to form your own opinion.. next time use the products maybe?

Have you compared to pres/converters from the Qu to the ones if the gld or dLive (or SQ)? Or you also asked around?

Imho there quite a big/noticeable difference, also in the processing, regarding the QU and the others (even just the gld is noticeably better than the qu, and still running at 48kHz).
Nothing that will invalidate a good performance, but better IS better.

I wonder what is your experience with these desks specifically to say something like that.

I mean, the Qu is a good small desk, and the pres are not bad (are actually better than any yammie or other consoles and not only in that price range) BUT the SQ (and dLive or even GLD) are noticeably better.

There’s simply no other way to put it.



Cheu
I haven't tried both, but presumably you have, in a critical listening environment, to draw that conclusion about the preamp/converter sonics, which is what I asked ("how did you come to that conclusion?").
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
  #29
Gear Head
 
Reading documentation, specs and user guide I'm not sure how many XLR outs SQ7 has. Maybe I read too much today. Is it 12 or 16? User guide mentions 12 buses, but it seems strange if console has 16 outs. And what about AES/EBU out? Is it there or not? Thanks.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpiano View Post
Reading documentation, specs and user guide I'm not sure how many XLR outs SQ7 has. Maybe I read too much today. Is it 12 or 16? User guide mentions 12 buses, but it seems strange if console has 16 outs. And what about AES/EBU out? Is it there or not? Thanks.
Just look at the pics on their website..
Quite easy..

It has 16xlr analog outputs and and XLR AES/EBU output as well. Dedicated talkback input (neat, so you have the full 32 preamps on the console for preamps/channels).

Two additional analog stereo inputs on TRS jacks, also very practical and a nice touch (in case you use external fx’s these could be your returns, or a ipod/phone/background music whatever is needed.. 4 additional line inputs.. always useful imho.

It’s actually a 48 channel 36 busses console (fully expanded).
The console itself come with 32 preamps at the console (and 16 outs), BUT of course you could (and should if you do some live concerts) use their stageboxes..
reaching a max of 48 channels (and I believe you could reach a max of 24 outputs, if expdanded, but don’t quote me on that..memory is what it is..but would make sense to me since they’ve 16/8 stageboxes). Also there’s a slot where you could put a Dante or Waves card (and with the waves card you can then insert the plugs if you use their servers, plus record multitrack), or I imagine other expansion like madi, etc..

You could multitrack with their usb out on the back anyway, so it basically act as a soundcard when connected to your mac/pc, plus I believe the internal multitrack using the usb stick is limited at 16tracks, but again don’t quote me on that).

33 faders and 6 layers. 8 stereo FX engines with dedicated stereo returns.
8 programmable rotary knobs and 16 pushbuttons.

There are 12 stereo mixes avalaible or 24 mono, or a combination of these which is always the same, but you decide how/where to allocate them (that could be groups or auxes).

Less than of 0.7ms latency with all the processing.
Which is quite stunning when you think that the world of studio interfaces, are now screaming miracles about their channelstrips and dsp added etc..
well, any A&H mixer after the first digital console was doing that.. 15yrs ago (or more)..

honestly is quite amazing considering its price.. about 4k for 32 preamps and all that processing power.. (and less if you get the SQ5 16channel version).

There’s nothing NOTHING that touches this thing below 10/12k regarding audio quality, ease of use, quality feel and overall size/weight...and even at that price is probably another A&H desk.

I should get paid for this



Cheu
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 2042 views: 469297
Avatar for Adlen
Adlen 20th March 2012
replies: 4 views: 899
Avatar for Sounds Great
Sounds Great 9th March 2019
replies: 12 views: 4496
Avatar for Gabbimark
Gabbimark 4th May 2020
replies: 65 views: 4390
Avatar for Melgueil
Melgueil 7th August 2019
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump