The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help identifying gear used on 'Seven Days' (1993)
Old 18th September 2020
Gear Head

Help identifying gear used on 'Seven Days' (1993)

Hi folks!

I am doing some research project for this particular recording (setup, microphones, signal chain, monitoring system, etc.) and would aprecciate some help. I have no clue whatsoever for the microphone kit used on the drums (looks similar to an AT/Audix kit). I guess the only overdub done was for the guitar volume swells. I read this was recorded at the Lake's House dinner hall (Wiltshire) on a portable SSL. Anyone can help me out with this one? Unfortunately, there's no much information out there. Cheers!

Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

sting took a modified 4k on tour (which could get split into two pieces for 'somewhat' more easy transportation) in his post-police days; dunno for how long and whether that's the same desk but don't give too much about this clip in terms of gear: this video got synced to the full mix (or to an earlier version of it) but does not reflect all the gear choice/setup/positioning of the actual recording...
Old 19th September 2020
dsl
Gear Maniac

This might help a little:

http://www.muzines.co.uk/articles/st...h-padgham/3116
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear