The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help Connecting My SSL SiX To Apollo Silverface + D-Box + Rosetta 200 + outboard gear
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Head

Help Connecting My SSL SiX To Apollo Silverface + D-Box + Rosetta 200 + outboard gear

Hi SLutz,

As the title states, I need help with connecting My SSL SiX to my Apollo and other gear for tracking and mixing... I want to utilize the summing of both the SiX and D-Box but dont know how exactly...

I wish I had a step by step manual online but there is none...

I followed this:
set-n-forget analog summing 8 channels down to 2 and back in the box, the cleanest way looks like Stereo IN 3/4, 5/6, and Ext 1, EXT 2.

But then, because I took you out of Channels 1 and 2, it looks like you can run the MAIN INSERT sends out, back into CH1&2 line inputs, then back out the CH1&2 Sends, to the MAIN INSERT returns.

Now, if you just push the INSERT button right above your MAIN fader, and BOOM the left half of the board in your MIX BUS chain.

You get 2 more compressors, that are different from the G-COMP, you get a pair of 2-Band broad-stroke SSL EQs that can be Shelves at 60Hz and 3.5kHz, OR Bells at 200hZ and 5kHz, and some more gain-staging and SSL color for free!

But hold up though...
It looks like, if you peep the block diagram in the manual, if you don’t use the CHANNEL Sends to the MAIN Returns, and instead use the BUS-B TRS Outs back to the MAIN Returns, NOW you get the CHANNEL Inserts back, and you can plug whatever Other analog gear you want into that!

If I do it like above I wont be using the D-box or rosetta right...?

I can hook it all together but I am sure I am not utilizing all of my options effectively I think...

I also have an Avalon 737 and UA 1176 I want to use for tracking and mixing on this rig also...

How do I connect it all and will I need to use a patch bay for all of this...?

I had a guy to do this for me but I moved out of state
Old 19th August 2020
Lives for gear

too complicated now, but d-sub cables and a patchbay are highly recommended.
📝 Reply