stereo Compressor recommendations
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

stereo Compressor recommendations

Here's what I got -
FATSO
Serpentine SB4001
Chandler little devils (pair)

Looking for different flavors, noticeably different then the above....and not huge $$$$.
Old 3 days ago
The Buzz DBC-20 is a great unit. Surprisingly for the price too. It's a stereo/dual mono diode comp, works nicely in a lot of applications.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

innerTube Audio Squeeze Box ...
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
The Buzz DBC-20 is a great unit. Surprisingly for the price too. It's a stereo/dual mono diode comp, works nicely in a lot of applications.
So how does the diode comp sound compared to VCA, Opto, FET, etc?
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown soldier View Post
There is the box tone, and the action itself of the comp. In general the compression is faster than a vintage opto, and slower than a 76. Works really well on master bus, drum bus, general tracking. On the Buzz, the box tone is slightly colored and a little forward in the mids, neither overtly. It's definitely a versatile offering.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
There is the box tone, and the action itself of the comp. In general the compression is faster than a vintage opto, and slower than a 76. Works really well on master bus, drum bus, general tracking. On the Buzz, the box tone is slightly colored and a little forward in the mids, neither overtly. It's definitely a versatile offering.
Can u compare it to the little devil compressor? I find that to be mid forward as well. Similar in any way?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Take a look at Revive Audio and Soundscape. They make some good ones.
Old 3 days ago
Lud
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown soldier View Post
To compare i have a pair of pico 502, a capi FC526, a JLM LA500 a pair of HL4000, a RND 5043 and a ssl six g-buss.

In my view there's two main flavors, the mid forwardness and the darkness, and some between. SSL, HL and and 5043 are mid forward, the pico and capi are more or less in between and the JLM La 500 rather dark sounding.
I think the DBC20 is on the dark sounding side.

If i compare it to my eq's (ocean audio, 550A and rnd 551) it will be closer to the 551, crisp and on the dark side.
I hesitated with the heritage successor and the HA609, the DBC was the less expensive and at the end i'm really pleased with my DBC

Just my 2 cents.
Lud.
Old 2 days ago
The API 2500 sounds great and is very flexible, its my first choice for lots of stereo sources like piano and electronic drums.
Old 1 day ago
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Vintech 609ca.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
Vintech 609ca.
a gem!!
Old 21 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Child View Post
a gem!!
Yes I'd been wanting one for years and pulled the trigger a few days ago. Can't wait to 2 buss it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search