The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Calling Adam S3V Owner Help
Old 14th March 2020
Here for the gear

Calling Adam S3V Owner Help

I just ordered a pair of these and will take delivery in about ten days. I want to go ahead and build some stands. (I am a hobbiest woodworker.) I know the overall dimensions of the cabinet, but I want to build the stands so that tweeter and ear height will be as close as possible.

Can someone tell me the distance from the bottom of the cabinet to the middle of the AMT tweeter?

Thanks,
Chip

Last edited by PresbyByrd; 14th March 2020 at 01:30 PM..
Old 14th March 2020
Lives for gear

Did you try looking on ADAM web page or in tech. specs. If that fails you can always try sending an e-mail to ADAM. I am sure they will write back with width x heighth x depth.

;-)
Old 14th March 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Did you try looking on ADAM web page or in tech. specs. If that fails you can always try sending an e-mail to ADAM. I am sure they will write back with width x heighth x depth.

;-)
Thanks for the reply. I should have been clearer. I know the height of the speaker, but want to build my stands as close to tweeter = ear height as possible.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresbyByrd View Post
Thanks for the reply. I should have been clearer. I know the height of the speaker, but want to build my stands as close to tweeter = ear height as possible.
Sorry but I can't resist...

What's up with you? Got a chair you're sitting in while working? Got a measure tape or a piece of thread? Or are you just trolling? ;-)

If you know your position (sitting-wise or whichever the listening position is!) you have it all.

Damn man, equilateral triangle, 1,5-2,5 m each side (for best stereo image), point of triangle behind your head is that important one for position and heighth of speakers (tweeter preferrably) and you're all set.

Are you trolling here or what?! ;-)
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Sorry but I can't resist...

What's up with you? Got a chair you're sitting in while working? Got a measure tape or a piece of thread? Or are you just trolling? ;-)

If you know your position (sitting-wise or whichever the listening position is!) you have it all.

Damn man, equilateral triangle, 1,5-2,5 m each side (for best stereo image), point of triangle behind your head is that important one for position and heighth of speakers (tweeter preferrably) and you're all set.

Are you trolling here or what?! ;-)
No, not trolling. Just wanted to build the stands before they get here. As I said, I will take delivery in about 10 days. I know how to position them, just not sure of the height of the tweeter vis-a-vis the cabinet.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear