The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JBL 305p or Presonus e3.5
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

JBL 305p or Presonus e3.5

Okay, so long story short, I own a Roland ds88 synthesizer/keyboard and I'm hunting for the perfect pair of studio monitors to match it. I recently bought 1 mackie mr524 but I ended up returning it since it had a crackling sound in the low register. The mackie, directly connected to the synth, had a very weak volume and it seems like my synth doesn't like +30db gain in the settings. So now i'm searching for a pair of monitors which have high volume adjustments and a price tag under 300 bucks for the pair.

I bought the synth for 500 bucks used and some have recommended the presonus e3.5s but the jbl 305p mark 2s seems like a good alternative too. I plan to mount the monitors 5cm from the wall over the synth so maybe a front ported monitor would be better? There is the presonus e5s. Or maybe the krk rp5g4s but those are a bit over my price range.

I'm eager to start using my synth but there's so many different monitors, I can't choose. What would you recommend? Should I go with the e3.5s and have some money left for a usb mixer?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Reaction removed
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

I quite like the interface of the presonus e4.5s, and they've got good reviews, will probably go for them. But are they overkill? The e3.5s are 100 bucks cheaper and as I will play the piano for the most part, the bass might not be needed?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search