The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does Anyone Recognize These Monitors/Speakers?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Does Anyone Recognize These Monitors/Speakers?

This particular studio, though gone now, has captured my interest for a while. I found this picture, and I'm trying to see if I can nail down what speakers/monitors are seen in this picture. Does anyone, by any chance at all happen to recognize any of them? Even just the potential brand would be great

The specific studio pictured here is Nothing Studios, around the 1999-early 2000s range
Attached Thumbnails
Does Anyone Recognize These Monitors/Speakers?-nothingstudios.png  
Old 1 week ago
m03
Gear Maniac

The outer ones are KRK 7000s, the inner ones are Yamaha NS-10s, and the center is an Auratone.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by m03 View Post
The outer ones are KRK 7000s, the inner ones are Yamaha NS-10s, and the center is an Auratone.
Wow, thanks for the quick and precise help, m03! Do you happen to have any idea as to why they would have a single Auratone right in the middle? I assumed it might be some kind of subwoofer at first. I've heard that Auratone speakers were made to sound pretty basic to emulate real-world lofi music players, so how come it would make sense to have just one right in the middle, and not at least a stereo pair?
Old 1 week ago
m03
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacmacias View Post
so how come it would make sense to have just one right in the middle, and not at least a stereo pair?
For easy checking of mono compatibility.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search