The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Phase issues when setting up patchbay
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Phase issues when setting up patchbay

I'm trying to set up a patchbay for the first time and am running into some phase issues...

Right now I am running my signal out of my Apollo interface to the patchbay, then to a tubetech cl1b compressor and back to the interface...

When the signal comes back to the Apollos input there is a major phase issue going on and I can't figure out what could be causing it.

I've tried new cables, different routing, and every time the signal has phase issues.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on what's going on
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Mulit meter and test all the pins on whatever cables you are using or the Galaxy Clicker which all studios should have that will easily test pin 2 against pin 3. The clicker can test all your outboard gear, mics patchbay feeds etc...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaswinston View Post
Right now I am running my signal out of my Apollo interface to the patchbay, then to a tubetech cl1b compressor and back to the interface...

When the signal comes back to the Apollos input there is a major phase issue going on...
Does it do the same thing if you skip the patchbay? Is the phase issue a complete 180º flip, or some other kind of weirdness?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

What exactly are you running out and back into your interface? A single channel? Your LR?

And are you trying to blend the affected signal with one that never got routed out?

If so, it could simply be the latency caused by the DA/AD conversion.

Please explain in more detail what you mean when you say it's causing phasing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Was thinking about this. If it a single ch then pins probably aren't an issue. Is it possible that you are double monitoring the source?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search