The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focal speaker repair
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Focal speaker repair

Hello- Been trying unsuccessfully to contact Focal Repair for 2 weeks. Focal Naim on the Canadian border in Upstate NY. Anyone have a special number or secret code haha Thanks, Tim
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You probably haven't been trying in the proper way.

You need to go to their site and select support. From there you'll find all service is done through their dealers, not through focal itself.
If its a warrantee issue, you'd contact the dealer you bought the gear from. If you registered the new purchase with Focal, then your purchase would be listed for any Focal dealer to access and give you whatever service repair or replacement is necessary.

If you bought the gear used and there is no warrantee registration then you probably have no warrantee unless it was transferrable and it was transferred from the original owner.

Non warrantee repairs are also done through the dealership network. https://store.focal.com/en/store-locator
If you goal is to guy parts and do the repair yourself, then good luck with that. Most dealers aren't going to sell you parts. They aren't legally bound to sell you anything besides another entire monitor if its a current model that's available. Repairs are done under the authority of the manufacturer. If the Manufacturer says the dealer isn't allowed to sell parts to end users, then you're SOL for speaker parts and doing the work yourself.

There's is good reason for this too. Few if any end users know these kinds of products very well, especially the new Class D and T amps used in many monitors. If a dealer sold a customer a speaker because they "Thought" it was bad, then the customer winds up having it blow instantly or worse, blowing the amp out because they didn't know their backside from a hole in the ground, the dealer is now stuck with a spare part warrantee issue which can snowball into a load of sour grapes being spread over the internet on sites like this.

Your better companies avoid that kind of stuff now specifically due to people having access to the internet. Most make you bring the gear or ship it to a dealer that does the repairs. you may wait 6 months for them to look at it then get told the repair costs nearly as much as a new one, but that's the way things work. The cost of labor in the US vs the cost of building a new one is in china are two different things.

if I were trying to repair one myself, I'd try and find a used one, maybe needing repair for a different problem them make one good one out of the two. If that's not possible I'd either buy a used one of a new one on sale. I'd save the busted one for spare parts moving forward. As products get older you eventually find things like speakers and amps wind up on eBay. You may have to search regularly over long periods of time but persistence usually pays off. if you have a bad speaker, you can often find replacements which are so close to the originals there isn't much difference. Sites like Parts Express are pretty good for finding generics too.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Spoke to my dealer. Gave me all
contact info. Nothing. It shouldn’t be this difficult.
Been in this business 27 years. Not happy.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

It is a shame the way their customer support is handled. They make good sounding gear but the way they handled the Spirit Pro headphone cracking was bazaar. Your story does not surprise me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search