The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Modular gear for field recording and home analog tape setup
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Modular gear for field recording and home analog tape setup

Hello,
I am looking to build a high quality mobile field recording set-up. However, if I am going to spend a sizable sum of money, I would like to get some gear that could also be used in an all-analog tape recording chain in a studio. I've been looking at the Sound Devices portable recorders such as the 633 and Mix Pre-3. However, I am wondering if there are some cheaper portable digital recording devices with good AtoD converters which do not have built in pre-amps that I might combine with some individual analog pre-amp units? Any gear recommendations that I can check out would be appreciated! Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Not really.

Budget?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Yes budget? I took the plunge on an Aurora N baseline 8 channel Usb to windows- the drivers are rock solid (win 7 and 8.1) and the SD recorder is the bomb! I have a 64 gig micro SD card installed for backup for my laptop. I wanted the conversion and recording capabilities. The sound is awesome! And you can upgrade channels later or input/output formats.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I'm going to say my max budget is probably about $2000 for the pre-amps at the moment. Weight is an important consideration.

Last edited by tenagasuryafisk; 1 week ago at 09:38 AM.. Reason: forgot one detail.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search