The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cranesong Trakker vs Maag Audio Magnum-K
Old 1 week ago
Cranesong Trakker vs Maag Audio Magnum-K

I'm in the market for a tracking compressor for a VO studio, and it's come down to one of the 2 listed in the subject line. I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with both as to the general transparency and ease of use of each; specifically for VO or vocal tracking. I will be using light compression almost exclusively, and I'm fairly certain that neither of these will introduce any significant coloration, but please correct me if that's wrong. They are comparably priced and have gotten similar amounts of praise from respective owners, but I have not seen them compared to one another.
Old 1 week ago
Everything Cranesong makes is of the highest quality and when you see mastering engineers like Bob Katz using the Cranesong Trackers when he could pick any compression on the plant, that speaks volumes.

I have had the opportunity to use the Trakkers and once you learn to hear the source and how this compressor controls transients, I think you will be very pleased. VCA setting I liked best on guitar while the soft or optic were my preference on vocals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search