The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
West Coast shops to A/B monitors
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

West Coast shops to A/B monitors

Simple question time, looking to A/B some monitors around the $2000-3500 range on the west coast, but as far as I can see, there's basically nowhere with a good or comprehensive selection. A few dealers have Focal and a few other products like Tidepool audio in Portland, but nowhere seems to have a good selection. Am I missing something?

Sorry if this thread is wonky, new to the site and older-style message boards like this.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Westlake Pro
Los Angeles

They advertise that they can arrange monitor demos for prospective buyers.
I haven’t been in a Westlake store in this century, so this is from the internet.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have had the same thoughts too. But then I realized that monitors in this price range depend so much on your listening environment, that I'm not sure of the value of many monitors in a show room or studio.

A lower priced class of monitors...absolutely.

Some retailers will ship if you pay for them, even if you say you will most likely return them.

Imo, anything in this class needs to be heard in your own environment. Also consider Sonarworks in your budget.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
Westlake Pro
Los Angeles

They advertise that they can arrange monitor demos for prospective buyers.
I haven’t been in a Westlake store in this century, so this is from the internet.
Call Westlake... ask for Reb... he’ll set you up
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey9998 View Post
Simple question time, looking to A/B some monitors around the $2000-3500 range on the west coast, but as far as I can see, there's basically nowhere with a good or comprehensive selection. A few dealers have Focal and a few other products like Tidepool audio in Portland, but nowhere seems to have a good selection. Am I missing something?

Sorry if this thread is wonky, new to the site and older-style message boards like this.
what the others said...
you might need to test 2-3 candidates in your place..

that said, in that price range take a look at the PMC Result6.

Cheu
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

There aren't a ton of pro audio shops these days that have a ton of options. That's a lot of overhead. In LA you have Vintage King, Westlake, RSPE, and Pro Audio LA. They all have a sizable variety.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search