The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundtracs SPA 3200 or Trident 65?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Soundtracs SPA 3200 or Trident 65?

I own and operate a small / medium scale recording studio.

Long story short is that I own a Trident 65 console, but was given a Soundtracs SPA 3200 (minus power supply). Besides a few quirks, the 65 is in pretty great condition. The church claims the SPA was in great working codition before it was decommissioned (they went digital), but for the moment the power supply is missing. However, I have an option to grab a power supply to give this guy a test.

So, here are my questions to the fine folks here who have worked on these boards -

- In the event that the Soundtracs is up and running would it be in my interest to Keep and use the Soundtracs and Sell the Trident 65?

- I have no idea what the quality is like on the Soundtracs. To anyone whom has owned or worked on one would this guy sonically be up to par with the Trident 65?

- I will be using the board for the recording studio, but the Soundtracs is intended for Live Sound. Any concerns here?

- I have a bunch external mic pre's and will be looking to use the board to do some mixing (unless the soundtrack pre's are tasty).

If the Soundtracs SPA 3200 is something great I would consider keeping it and selling the Trident 65. I can't imagine I could sell the SPA bc its basically unknown, but I could sell the 65. I would only do this if the quality is up to par, because that it more important to me.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and also for providing any help at all!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac
Bump!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search