The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anybody ever heard of Weird Audio from Texas?
Old 1 day ago
Seems like if there is another mic that looks identical to yours you would immediately buy it and dissect it so you know exactly what is in that mic. Sure seems fishy
Old 1 day ago
Slimey.......
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

“Good question, completely different”

“I don’t know what’s inside someone else’s mic”

Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Norton View Post
no other mic thus bares our logo.
Let's have no bare logos here, please.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Seems like if there is another mic that looks identical to yours you would immediately buy it and dissect it so you know exactly what is in that mic. Sure seems fishy
Right? Unless you already knew what was in the other mic...
Old 1 day ago
It's beyond fishy. These slime balls are the lowest of the low. They gave me this whole phony spiel about how Tape Op is about to do a glowing review on their U67 clone (The Little Red Monster) and after it comes out, the price is going to be increased to $800. Then all that nonsense claiming that their (cheapo chinese) transformer was very special and way better than hand wound transformers. About as low as the German guy who sells phoney RCA mics on eBay, complete with the RCA meatball logo attached.
Old 23 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
About as low as the German guy who sells phoney RCA mics on eBay, complete with the RCA meatball logo attached.
Funny enough, it's probably exactly what he's doing. Taking cheap mics and putting his (crappy) looking badge on them. It is in fact "as" low as the senator guy on ebay.
Old 23 hours ago
Quote:
It's beyond fishy. These slime balls are the lowest of the low. They gave me this whole phony spiel about how Tape Op is about to do a glowing review on their U67 clone (The Little Red Monster) and after it comes out, the price is going to be increased to $800. Then all that nonsense claiming that their (cheapo chinese) transformer was very special and way better than hand wound transformers. About as low as the German guy who sells phoney RCA mics on eBay, complete with the RCA meatball logo attached.
Were you able to return it with no problems?
Old 21 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Were you able to return it with no problems?
Hell no! Hold on to it for a few years and make them buy it back from you for like twice as much or whatever.

Old 18 hours ago
Gear Maniac

It seems not only slimy, but just kinda... well... dumb.

The website itself -- not to mention the cringe-worthy self-aggrandizing rhetoric within -- inspires the opposite of confidence. It seems like there's more than a little bit of delusional narcissism involved, as well... As if the owners of this business have exclusive, extra-special license to the insight that modern Asian manufacturing can be done with greater precision than post-World War II European manufacturing. Delusional narcissism, not coincidentally, is a very common feature of con artists. We see no shortage of prominent public examples these days, unfortunately.

In an era with Advanced Audio, Soundelux, Mojave, 3U, Audio-Technica, and so-forth as contemporaries... if you're gonna be in that price bracket, you actually have to have some genuine quality and innovation behind you, not to mention solid communication and people skills.

At least the name of the company isn't misleading!
Old 17 hours ago
Quote:
Well, I got the Little Red Monster and put it thru some tests. I am sorry to say it should be renamed the Little Red Dog. It is a bad sounding, terrible sounding, maybe the worst sounding Chinese tube condensor I've ever heard. Not even in the neighborhood of a U67. Ear piercing harsh high end. Ugly, boxy sounding mid range, with anemic low end. Reminds me of an old original MXL V69, the black one with the gold grill. Also a terrible mic in the same way but I think the LRM may be worse than what I remember from the MXL V69. Looks like typical Chinese construction and has a generic Chinese 12AX7 installed. Didn't bother to look at the capsule. They are selling these on eBay for $577 ! The guy that makes them messaged me telling me that Tape Op is about to do a glowing review and the price is going to be increased to $800 after that comes out. Seriously, I wouldn't give $30 for this mic. It's that bad.
Did they offer you a refund or any kind of satisfaction, Rob?

I'm bummed for you, dude, but thanks for letting us know.

If you purchased it with Paypal thru eBay, is there any action you can take to get your money back? Return for a refund with eBay's help, or open a dispute with Paypal, maybe?
Old 6 hours ago
I actually bought the mic (open box) from a guy in Fargo. No problem getting my refund as he had a 30 day return policy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search