The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Townsend Labs Sphere L22 vs. Lewitt lct 640
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Townsend Labs Sphere L22 vs. Lewitt lct 640

Hi first timer/newbie here,

I've had a lot of fun playing with my teacher's C414 lately, and since I'm planning on going to university soon and need to "compress" my setup, I've been thinking about buying something similar. I've already seen a lot of posts comparing the C414 to the lct 640, and on this forum, everyone seems to like the 640 more. However, I've seen barely any mention of the 640 and Sphere L22 in the same post.

To me, they seem very similar in function, other than the fact the L22 is suppose to help recreate vintage microphones while the 640 is suppose to have a more modern/clean sound (or from what I've heard). I'm not sure why no one has compared them, maybe because they're completely different and I just failed to notice that, but I would like to hear peoples recommendations for a future undergraduate like me. Thank you very much

(p.s. I am a UAD user, and could get access to the UAD mic modeling plugins.)
Old 1 week ago
They utilize two completely different concepts/functionality. The L22 is a modeling microphone, which models many sought-after vintage and modern microphones. The 640 does not. Unless the L22 ever attempted to model the 640, there would likely not be a comparison between the two. The concept behind the L22 is basically to expand your microphone locker with other well known microphones through modeling AND ultimate versatility of varying the functionality of those models after the recording has been done.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search