The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Old is Gold or just Old. (JBL vs Genelec vs APS)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Old is Gold or just Old. (JBL vs Genelec vs APS)

Hi I'm considering to buy one of the following monitors (price range something about 700usd used). Can you tell me something about them. Which one you would choose and why. Here come the speakers
1 Genelec 1030A- I like the sound of Genelecs i think, most of my favorite music was mixed on the Genelecs, sadly this model is only 6,5 inch so im afraid they could be not enough to be mains (but i can buy a sub). I've also heard that it's hard to mix on them, couse they do not translate properly.
APS KLASIK-this one have nice opiniones in the internet, Their users claim it to be best in their price category, and to have very neutral sound.
JBL 4412- my friend said that they are best monitors he have heard, so i think i can give them a shot if they are really worth it.
JBL 4410- I've seen that this model have better opiniones then their bigger brothers.

Im going to mix on them mostly rock or some light electronic and hip hop.
So what you think, which one is best, and maybe you have other better options?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

go for the A versions of the JBL's and definitely have the crossovers recapped at least if you go that route. I got a pair of 4412A's that I recapped and they're are hard to beat for the money spent IMO but I have also heard the 4410 are arguably better, as they have the same cabinets and apparently they are better suited to a ten inch driver. Powered by a Yamaha 2200 I much prefer these to any actives I've heard which were anywhere close in terms of price.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Including cost of the amp in that assessment.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search