The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What to put in my SSL Mynx? Suggestions...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

What to put in my SSL Mynx? Suggestions...

Hi,

I have a Mynx with one free slot and some money to spare. As a Gearslut you can do the math what is going to happen

The question is what to put in there? The first slot contains an E Eq, which I love, so I thought to get the Stereo Eq (XR727), to have access to both "worlds". Sometimes the E is just too fuzzy, so the clean 9k Eq seems like a good choice. I especially hope to get that modern open "pop high end". Since it's stereo I think it would be great on OHs, Keys, acoustic instruments and vocal busses.

But then I thought, because the Eq is pretty clean, maybe it's not really a step up from the usual digital Eqs (Sonnox, ProQ3, etc). I know the E Eq is (more like a sidestep), but that may be due to the saturation. So I thought ok, just get the E dynamics module and have an E Mynx, but I know lots of people here prefer the silver dynamics. Also there is a stereo version of it and in the SSL comparison video I really thought the silver dynamics had a super nice grab. But again, would that be a step up from nice clean software comps like my beloved Sonnox? Of course, no plugin comp gives you the SSL excitement...

Since the Mynx is a "plugin" for my SiX, which also has a Superanalogue "soul", I somewhat have limited access to the silver stuff and absolutely love it. I know: try it out, and I will, but I would really appreciate input from someone who maybe has an X-Rack and some experience with those modules.

Last edited by Its Mork; 2 weeks ago at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Typo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search