The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
500 series preamp for home acoustic recording
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
500 series preamp for home acoustic recording

I recently bought a Gefell M300 to compliment my AEA R84/RPQ500 for recording violin primarily. I am recording in my home in a decently treated room, though there is not any superb natural reverberance to capture.

I am looking to add a 500 series preamp to pair with the M300. From my research, it seems that a clean pre such as the Great River MP-500 or Millennia HV-35 would be a good pair for a SDC on acoustic instruments. But is overlooking a 1073 voiced pre a mistake? Any others I should consider?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I know that any well played material captured well will sound good through any good mic pre, I just want to know if any of you reach for a SDC to capture acoustic instruments if you have a particular preamp in mind.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Anyone?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjrvmg View Post
I recently bought a Gefell M300 to compliment my AEA R84/RPQ500 for recording violin primarily. I am recording in my home in a decently treated room, though there is not any superb natural reverberance to capture.

I am looking to add a 500 series preamp to pair with the M300. From my research, it seems that a clean pre such as the Great River MP-500 or Millennia HV-35 would be a good pair for a SDC on acoustic instruments. But is overlooking a 1073 voiced pre a mistake? Any others I should consider?
I’d highly recommend the Great River MP-500. Very musical and flexible pre with lots of clean gain
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSax View Post
I’d highly recommend the Great River MP-500. Very musical and flexible pre with lots of clean gain
Thank you!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjrvmg View Post
Thank you!
You’re welcome. The Great River is world class and would be a great choice for pretty much anything.

Last edited by DrSax; 2 weeks ago at 08:12 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

CAPI VP28 will do whatever you want, clean or thick!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search