The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sub for my studio
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sub for my studio

Heyyyyyooooo i recently finished my basement build and Im using Adam A7's as my monitors that I've had for years. I know they lack in the low end but never had a problem in the past really. Now that im in my basement my low end is very tough to get the right level and hard to hear the kick and bass well so Im thinking i want to add a sub to help out with that. Who's using what that they like or if someone has the A7's with a sub which one do you use? Any help would b appreciated, thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m using an Eve Audio TS108 with my Neumann KH120’s and am really pleased with it. The sub sounds very clear and tight and the remote control is incredibly useful. There is a 10” and a 12” version as well.
However, if you have a little more budget the Neumann KH750 would be top of my list. It would be overkill for my small room and the Eve TS108 is working great for me but if I was in a larger well treated mixing room I might lean towards the Neumann.
I bought my Eve TS108 for £400 brand new which is a complete bargain!
Old 1 week ago
ADAM make a matching sub so that might be the place to start.

The presonus Temblor is good value for the money - footswitch to pop it on/off too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post

The presonus Temblor is good value for the money - footswitch to pop it on/off too.
I was looking at the Presonus and the KRK 10s because of my budget. Any experience with the KRK?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post

I was going to say the exact same thing.

I've had the Temblor T10 for several years now and I recently got some Adam A5Xs. I think they pair very nicely.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I might be stating the obvious, but if your speakers were fine before, but now you do not hear the low end, the problem is your space. It might be worth spending some money on bass trap instead of, or in addition to your sub.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM - Ronan View Post
I might be stating the obvious, but if your speakers were fine before, but now you do not hear the low end, the problem is your space. It might be worth spending some money on bass trap instead of, or in addition to your sub.

After finishing my room, I removed my sub. It excited the room too much after treatment. I also added a pair of Avantone Pro Abbey's and they have good solid low end. Previously I was using Dynaudio BM5A mk2's with a Yamaha sub. It worked but is a lot more accurate after treatment.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I had a pair of A5's and a Sub7 for my TV for a few years, that combo worked well. At that time I had a pair of A77x's for the studio.

Sold the A5's and tried hooking the sub to the A77's but that did not work at all.

I now have a pair of S3X-V's with a Sub12 and that works really well. Even better now that I have a (really well-)treated room again.

What I'm trying to say is: I'm afraid you need at least a 10 or bigger to get any benefit of having a sub. Also: a well-treated room is more importanter than a sub.

Herwig
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Another thought: a basement is a space that bass frequencies cannot easily leave. So they will be bouncing around in there. Which means, even more than in other rooms, you better have lots of treatmwnt in place to control the sub frequencies that can't get out, or you will be sat in a confusing bath of bass nonsense.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM - Ronan View Post
I do have a decent amount of treatment in my space. The track I’m working on my buddy Rec in his basement and it’s not the greatest but I’m just trying to practice in the new space to hear how it sounds.
Old 1 week ago
+1 for the Eve Ts107/8

They are really precise and tight and also work as a monitor controller.

You get a remote with loads of functionality like set "volume" "Sat only" "invert phase" etc etc.

bargain

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search