The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yamaha NS-10 fuse...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Yamaha NS-10 fuse...

Hello guys! I picked up a pair of NS-10 studio, I've got some questions for you..

One had a blob of solder floating around the speaker and I managed to get it out, they have the paper surface of one speaker a little rough (bumpy on one spot), should I try to smooth it out with a razor blade for example or not?

now I noticed that on the back those were modded with a cool screw in fuse...
When I got them out, the fuses are like bridged with a piece of wire... do you think the fuse were blown and instead of replacing them someone bypassed them or it is needed to make better contact? How can I test this? and eventually which type of fuse do you suggest?
I attach some photos

I need to get a not so expensive amplifier for them!

thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha NS-10 fuse...-img_9535.jpg   Yamaha NS-10 fuse...-img_9536.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I Love fuses but i gotta say we kept blowing NS10's and our tech fused them and you def hear the difference ..id bypass them
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I Love fuses but i gotta say we kept blowing NS10's and our tech fused them and you def hear the difference ..id bypass them
Okay, I want to test an A/B as I’m curious!
Would a 1A be good? These here (blown, as I tested them with a multimeter) were F250m AL 250v.

I also tested for continuity and the multimeter beeps if I touch both red and black poles while touching the inside of the fuse holder, is this normal? I assumed only red should be wired to the fuse, or maybe I’m missing something related to the circuit...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

To be honest all I know is it was a fast blow fuse..good luck..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Okay Sigma, thanks anyway!!!

I opened the speaker and did the best photos I could to understand how the fuse was wired, as to chose if it could have any benefit and what type of fuse to buy...

The insulation inside was very stiff, from what I could see the yellow wire goes to the fuse and then a blu one goes from the fuse up to the tweeter.

Anyone with experience can chime in and help me?
Is this wired in any logical way.. and protecting only the tweeter?

These are NS-10m STUDIO
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha NS-10 fuse...-img_9539.jpg   Yamaha NS-10 fuse...-img_9542.jpg   Yamaha NS-10 fuse...-img_9541.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search